Wikipedia Welcomes Pro Photographers
|Welcome||Team||Kolkata Chapter||Bhopal Chapter||Volunteer Involvement||Gallery||Discussion||Kolkata Orientation Workshop 1||Photographer induction program||Wikipedia Welcomes X|
Wikipedia Welcomes Pro Photographers is an orientation program aimed at professional photographers and professionally viable photographers. The program aspires to inspire them about the free content and the Wikimedia movement and the role they could play by hosting their work at Wikimedia Commons making their work available under Creative Commons license and how their contributions could get recognition as author as their work gets used.
This campaign aims to reach out to professional photographers and professionally viable photographers. This can be done in collaboration with:
- Professional photographer groups of a particular locale
- Photography clubs of a particular locale
- Photography institutions of a particular locale
The program is supposed to include
- Basic orientation regarding Wikipedia, Wikipedia movement and Creative Commons license
- Hand-on upload session
- Writing image descriptions and related stuff
- Looking up requested images and filling the gaps
Type of programs
- Orientation workshops along with hands-on upload sessions
- Bulk photo donation camps
- Follow up editathons and alike
- Educating professional photographers about Wikimedia Commons.
- Inspiring them to contribute their images in bulk. It is not necessary that they upload all the images by themselves. Volunteers can screen the images, add descriptions, add categories and batch upload them if felt essential.
- Retaining professional photographers as contributors for life.
- The first event of the series is scheduled to occur in Kolkata. The venue and date are yet to be declared.
- Prominent wildlife photographer donates images to Wikimedia Commons: On Wikimedia blog