Disclaimer : Because I'm born in France, I have some... difficulties with Shakespeare language. If you want correct the text bellow, you can, I would be really happy. And... Yes, the gear in the logo don't turn in the real world ; it's just an exemple : If this project is really created, we create a real one who turn for real.
|Status of the proposal|
|Details of the proposal|
|Project description||List all Open Source Process (or procedure) and Schemes (or drawing) for production of all manufactured things.|
|Is it a multilingual wiki?||Many language versions|
|Potential number of languages||Many|
|Proposed URL||wikiprocess.org (?) wikischemes.org (?) wikimechanics.org (?) wikinventor.org (?)|
|New features to require||No|
|Ordre Nativel Psychoslave Scoid|
In our day, Wikipedia has become a primordial vector of extention of Open Source Knowledge ; but, with born of 3D printer and the growing of Home-Made culture, the importance of a wikipedia of procedures and process is become really evident. Because we are all, in earth, creator and productor of things not only buyer nor consommer of it.
The objective of Wikipedia is like any Encyclopedia : A complete access of the knowledge, but only for the fondamental principe ; but Knowledge is also procedure of production and Open Source Schematics : the classical Wikipedia is not adapted for this and now we need this kind of stuff.
The Wikiprocess project have for objective to create a new Sister for wikipedia ; adapted to the production procedure of all manufactured things and Open Source Schematics.
Production procedure are :
1. Procedure for Chemical Production ; How to make myself Sulfuric Acid or Food Preservative ? (For exemple)
2. Procedure for Manufacturing Product ; like screwdriver, automotive, motor or anything else ; If I want, for any reason, product an electric engine myself, what is the procedure and can I have Open Source schemes ?
3. Procedure for Cooking and Cultivating, If I want to prepare anythings, what is the process ?
And all of other process and schemes imaginated and created by humankind.
The mission of Wikiprocess is :
1. Increase human knowledge and release the power of creation.
2. Allow easier access to technological knowledge to facilitate its development.
3. Free the essential knowledge to patents.
4. Enabling the emergence of a free and open source technology.
5. Reduce unemployment by enabling the development of self-employment, small businesses and industries based on open source processes, otherwise grayed out.
6. Attract new donors for all Wikimedia projects : the same companies and business that the project has helped to create.
Wikiprocess is completly based in the chart of Wikimedia and don't have any other consideration for copyright.
Many of things like for exemple Steam Engine are fall in public domain long time ago. Schematics (or drawing) of many machinery can be found in professional publications ; themselves in public domain.
Relation with other Wikimedia Projects
For be precise, I need to take an exemple, our Steam Engine is a good one :
If I look to the Wikipedia article for Steam Engine, I can see the general principe of steam engines and many other things. But if I want for any reason make one, I need to go in Wikiprocess. In wikiprocess I can have : Schematics (Hosted in Commons) ; Machining Instruction, Casting mold and process (if I want to make myself all parts of the Engine) ; etc. Everythings I need for make a Steam Engine, step by step from scratch.
Wikiprocess is clearly integrated to the rest of Wikimedia Project ; respond to a precise and very important demand of knowledge (a knowledge extremely difficult to found by ourselves).
This project have for target :
1. Student in technology and apprentices.
2. Schoolchild who want make any machine for class.
3. Industry and company, who want to create somethings and need a pratical knowledge.
And some of other kind of people, like some future Nikola Tesla or Thomas Edison of the next generation.
This kind of project have some importants disclaimer :
A. What if some body want to upload the process for make a gun ?
B. What if some body want to upload the process for make chemical weapon or poison ?
And many other ;
The response is really simply and really difficult : This kind of people can make this machines or products BY THEMSELVES Whatever. A gun is not the most complex machine of the world, an industrial furnace is highly more difficult to produce. Otherwise, you can see in Youtube everyday some people who try to make a Railgun or ammunitions for some kind of gun. Make a weapon is already simply and Wikiprocess does not exist.
For other things, like the doomsday device is :
A. Really complex to be created without an important investment of money and people.
B. Extremly simply to make, but not really discreet...
C. I don't know but, all people in earth just don't create nuclear weapon because they don't want to create it, not because they can't...
But, I think in case of real difficulties, it's the community who will decide in last resort.
Wikiprocess can help everybody to create what they wants in the depths of their soul.
- Psychoslave (talk)
- Jayabharat (talk) 05:16, 31 January 2013 (UTC) ( this will be usefull for students and for somebody who want to try preparing something on their own )
- Ort43v (talk) 12:54, 22 March 2013 (UTC)
- Strong support--Scoid (talk) 16:10, 21 August 2019 (UTC)
- Thibdx (talk) 11:11, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
Is there a difference between processes and know-hows? Else this proposal would amount to creating the Wikimedia version of eHow or wikiHow, which isn't wrong, but would be nice to make explicit. --Felipe (talk) 12:56, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
Are you suggesting to create a sister project that's capable to deal with CAD files? Whouldn't it be better to adapt Commons for that? The manuals and instructions would be written in Wikibooks 220.127.116.11 20:27, 5 June 2013 (UTC)