|This is the resource page for International Women's day events happening in India in March 2014.
If you'd like to organize an event in India for the International Women's day or participate in the organizing process, please get in touch with one of the organizers below or write to nethahussaingmail.com.
Press and media
- Women cheered on by Wikipedia, Renuka Phadnis, Date : February 8, The Hindu.
- Wikipedia to celebrate womanhood with edit-a-thon, Staff Reporter, Date: February 28, The Hindu
- Wikipedia-Womoz event, Suneetha, Date: March 10, Techgoss.com
- Putting the W in Wikipedia, Padmaparna Ghosh, Times of India, Date: 16 March 2014
- Lots of WikiLove wanted!!!, Parul Thakur, March 3, Happiness & Food.
- Indian Wikimedia community coordinates women's history month. Jeph Paul and Netha Hussain, March 4, Wikimedia global blog. Reblogged on Blossoming Soul, CIS blog, DNA
- Celebrating women's day, the wiki way, Diksha Madhok, March 13, Wikimedia global blog. Reblogged by Rohini Lakshane on DNA
Templates, userboxes and talk messages
Planning an edit-a-thon and lessons learned
- This Edit-a-thon How-To guide can help you plan your event which was created by experienced volunteers.
- A blog about having a small scale Wikipedia editing party at your home by User:Seeeko
- An evaluation of edit-a-thons which looks at numerous edit-a-thons from 2012-13 and assesses their impact and makes suggestions for improvements.
- A self-evaluation by User:SarahStierch of past WikiWomen's edit-a-thons which includes her step by step on how she produced the event and lessons learned.
- For new users
- For organizers
Message from Women wikipedians
While working on Bangalore event we came out with a wonderful idea of capturing some moments with Indian Wiki Women. Here is some of the videos that we have received so far. We would love more such video, So join your hands to add more.