Women's History Month, India-2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This event has ended. A report of the event is available.
8th March is International Women's Day and to celebrate, women in India are organizing edit-a-thons and meetups to create and expand articles of importance to women in Wikipedia in English and various Indian languages. The goal of the month-long event is to encourage more women and transwomen to contribute to Wikipedia and increase the quality of articles related to women in Wikipedia. The event aims at creating new articles, expanding the existing stubs and translating English articles to various Indic languages. Everyone is welcome to join the event as enthusiasts, editors, translators, bloggers or event managers. Women, transwomen and Indians are particularly encouraged to participate.
- Events: Click here to see the list of online and offline events.
- Participants: Sign up as a participant!
- List of articles : Click here to see the list of languages and articles.
- Resources: Organize an event!
- Wikidata: Join the Wikidata label-a-thon!