User talk:ChongDae/Archive 2008
Hi! I blocked Chobot for 10 minutes… The reason is that it's adding interwikis to date pages, while we have a template system for interwikis on those pages. When bots add interwikis, the interwikis are duplicated. Chobot has been editing date pages for some time now. Do you know when it will be finished with them? If so, I could block it till approximately then, so when you're done on other wikis, it can edit on the Norwegian Wikipedia again… Jon Harald Søby 17:35, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
- Okay. The block shouldn't be functioning any more. Please tell me if it is (then some auto-blocked IP will have to be unblocked). Jon Harald Søby 19:41, 3 January 2006 (UTC)
- I cannot understand. Could you translate it? As you see in the log, I don't run a bot on lb: frequently. Should I have to get a bot status for this situation? -- ChongDae 05:29, 7 January 2006 (UTC)
Althoug you do not often run your bot on lb: please apply for bot-status here and please answer us the following questions:
- How does your bot proceed actually? From which data do you start when running your bot, how often will you run your bot?
- Are there any known difficulties in your bot and how does it interact with other bots running actually on lb-wikipedia (Robbot, TuvicBot, Escarbot, FlaBot, JAnDbot, ...)
- What will be the added value for lb-wikipedia if your bot runs there? (compared to other bots (especially those running already on lb-wikipedia))
- Are you ready and able to run your bot for us if we will have a special request?
- Please add a userpage different from the Bot-user-page including your language-knowledge in the Babel-templates to lb-userpage.
Once you will have answered these questions here we will add your bot on the list of bots in the Test-Phase on lb: and ask you not to do more then 10 edits per day on lb:. Once you will have achieved 40 edits we will grant you the bot-status (if there were no problems). with best regards from Luxembourg. Robby --22.214.171.124 16:35, 11 March 2007 (UTC)
Stop the bot; it's talking crazy 
This change  doesn't make any sense. Neither of those interwiki links seem to have anything to do with the page. Your bot seems to be adding random links; please give it some human supervision or turn it off. —en:user:Mzajac
Hi ChongDae, is there any relevant meaning in warnfile when you edit articles ? Otherwise I guess it'd be enough to just state "interwiki ko:" or simply "ko:" User:Ro- February 8, 2006
Bot flag 
Chobot is blocked in nds 
you are operating a robot in nds without having the bot flag set. We have talked about this several months ago: . You still have no bot flag set. Therefore I have blocked Chobot on nds for 3 months. Leave us a message (e.g. in [nds.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruker_Diskuschoon:HeikoEvermann]) once you have your bot flag, then I will unblock your bot.
Heiko Evermann (admin on nds)
Bots and two-letter abbreviations 
Hi! Some interwiki bots, including Chobot, have been adding links from e.g. en:erbium to no:ER (some histories: , , ). This is wrong because no:ER isn't an element article, it's a dab page containing the dab template no:Template:Tobokstavsforkortelse. See also my talk with Yurik. Thanks. --Eddi 17:20, 16 April 2006 (UTC)
Chobot cached edits 
This edit reinstated some vandalism and was missed by human editords until now. Can you ensure Chobot uses the latest version of the text rather than it's cached version. Rich Farmbrough 19:41 1 May 2006 (UTC).
Hepatocellular carcinoma 
This bot altered my interwiki of hepatocellular carcinoma. This was not vandalism, but an attempt to change a misconception I also changed in the article: hepatocellular carcinoma is NOT synonym with liver cancer, hence should not be translated as such. Rather, you might help me transferring these iwiki's to the article on liver cancer... --Steven Fruitsmaak, May 27 2006, 18:11 GMT
- Thank you!! -Steven Fruitsmaak, June 6, 2006
wiki'd characters 
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the Chobot doesn't work perfectly with wikilinks that contain characters that can be interpreted as markup.
On Decade of Roma Inclusion it added: [[nap:Decennio d''a inclusione d''e Roma]] ...which doesn't work - it just leaves [[nap:Decennio da inclusione de Roma]] at the bottom of the page.
It should have put [[nap:Decennio d''a inclusione d''e Roma]]. (You'll have to edit this page to see the difference.) Maybe you can adjust it so that it converts characters like that automatically in the future? Thanks. -- 126.96.36.199 15:13, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
- This is a well-known bug for bot operators. It should be fixed in either MediaWiki or pywikipediabot. I have no idea what's the best solution for this problem. -- ChongDae 07:55, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Trigonometry reversion 
FYI, someone reverted an error at "Trigonometry" on Wikipedia and thereby incidentally reverted the action of your robot, Chobot. 188.8.131.52 07:02, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- Please follow the rules. Regards, --Klemen Kocjančič (Talk - Fast reply) 09:27, 21 November 2006 (UTC)
Finnish interwiki 
Hi, I've noticed that your bot places the Finnish ([[fi:]]) interwiki right above the French ([[fr:]]). But the language is called "Suomi" and therefor the [[Fi:]] should be placed above the Swedish [[sv:]] instead. Can you please correct that? --Lhademmor 07:12, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
- Chobot and other interwiki-bots follow Interwiki sorting order. -- ChongDae 08:01, 16 October 2006 (UTC)
Korean chapter 
- Yes. The promoter is a spammer. Among the korean wikipedians, we are talking about the orgranization. But it will take some time. And other wikimedia projects are not active yet. Though I hope we could organize the local chapter ASAP. -- ChongDae 12:42, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
Bot on it:wiki 
Ok, you got the status for the flag :-) Good work, Gac 16:52, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot. -- ChongDae 06:00, 7 November 2006 (UTC)
Chobot on Kim Hyun Jung 
Your bot keeps adding on Viet:BMK to Kim Hyun Jung, even though that page is already linked to its English equivalenet (Big Mama King). Can you stop it? (BMK and Kim Hyun Jung are two separate people, although BMK's real name is Kim Hyun Jung.) Thanks.184.108.40.206 20:04, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- Other pages were not updated. So interwikibot tries to propagate the (incorrect) links. and vi:BMK does not have interwiki to en:Big Mama King. I'll fix that problem. -- ChongDae 00:46, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
bot error in Saddam Hussein on en.wikipedia.org 
- I added the signature of the person from EN Wikipedia above. They were discussing it with me on my talk page on EN. :) Moe Epsilon 05:48, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- en:Saddam Hussein is semi-protected. When pywikipediabot tries to update protected pages, it first tries to get "edit page" to find out the permission. Web caching could make it worse. I don't know about the time lag. If it happens again, please fill bug report in the pywikipedia program. Other bot operators also use the program. -- ChongDae 06:39, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- Ok, thank you for the response and I'll make sure to report it in the appropriate venue next time :) Moe Epsilon 22:01, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
He:WP bot 
독일어 위키백과에서 
Re São Paolo 
your bot on ar wiki 
Article on ICU 
Is this whole univerisity a property of a dimbshit called 'CharlieDD'??
If there was some personal financial dispute of this person person (CharlieDD)with univeristy, does that mean that person starts owning the complete article about that university on wikipedia? Why this person reverts 1001 useful edits of people to just make it a small stub with a sure 100% biased link throwing filth on the name of university. Why? I request you to lock this article for this dumbshit called 'CharlieDD'. You can clearly see that this person only joined Wikipedia to throw filth on ICU. He only has this contribution to Wikipedia.
Thanks a lot in advance for your cooperation, 220.127.116.11 07:39, 22 December 2006 (UTC)
Vitamin A 
Please stop changing the English links on other-language wikipedias pointed to from en:Vitamin A. These should point to en:Vitamin A and not to en:Retinol. Contact me at en:User talk:Trovatore --18.104.22.168 04:08, 2 January 2007 (UTC)
Chobot on pt:wp 
Muhammad Ali 
Chobot just added the "ur" version of "Muhammad Ali" to the English version article as an interwiki link. However, it's not the same Muhammad Ali! If it's not your bot doing this, another bot does it as well, and I have to keep removing it. Please correct this problem somehow, as I'm tired of reverting. Thanks. — Stevie is the man! Talk • Work 04:27, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
Grashof number 
Please check that the robot is dong what is intended. I don't speak polish and I don't speak korean so I can't be sure, but it looks funny:
22.214.171.124 00:35, 3 April 2007 (UTC)
- It seems to be ok. Only korean pagename is changed and the interwiki order is fixed. what's your point? -- ChongDae 02:31, 6 April 2007 (UTC)
Hi ChongDae. I don't know what its supposed to do there, but I have recently started working on the Tok Pisin Wikipedia, and your Chobot is there. It doesn't appear to be bot flagged, and I don't think we have a page yet where you can request one. I will speak to the administrators on Tok Pisin Wikipedia and see where the bot request page is, and if we don't have one I will get one sorted out somewhere. Cheers. Tmalmjursson 10:44, 3 May 2007 (UTC) Iceflow Talk page on TPI:WP
Bot description 
Please leave a small description of your bot on da:Wikipedia:Botformidlingen.
Thanks in advance,
What's going on? 
I was browsing the English Wikipedia, and I noticed that Chobot undid the previous edit when modifying an interwiki link on one article. I think it wasn't supposed to do this?
Username change in Korean Wikipedia 
As I know, you're a bureaucrat in the Korean Wikipedia right? Can you please change my name over there from Edmundkh to EdmundEzekielMahmudIsa, and then leave me a message in the English Wikipedia? Thanks a lot! --Edmund the King of the Woods! 08:44, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
How do I make/write a interwiki bot?I know how to use Python and I have pywikipedia but I don't know how do I make/write a interwiki bot.Thanks.--DoraConan 04:30, 2 September 2007 (UTC)
Bălţi (Moldovan city) translation into Korean 
Dear ChongDae, could you please help to translate at least couple of sentences on Bălţi, city in Moldova. I have posted an intial page in English hoping that you will at least arite how Bălţi is spelles in Korean, but you have deleted it. I am sure it is just a misunderstanding. Thank you for your professionalism. You can always e-mail me should you have any questions.
Hi. I april your Chobot removed a paragraph of famous radioamateurs from the norwegian wikipedia. I take the liberty of putting it back in. I hope you dont dislike this move. Yours --Reodor 18:45, 28 September 2007 (UTC) (usually on the norwegian wikip.)
Chobot on ar.wp 
Chobot on lb 
Could you please apply for bot status on lb-wikipedia and provide the information I asked you already for in March 2007 see #lb:User:Chobot with best regards and in the hope to get any reaction by this time from you lb:User:Robby 126.96.36.199 08:21, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
한국어 위키백과에서 
이메일좀 등록하세요.Multicode 05:40, 24 January 2008 (UTC)
Please update your bot 
Hello, thanks for applying for bot status on lb-wikipedia. You may run your bot now in a test-run onlb-wikipedia, but it would be really great if you could answer us the questions already asked on top of this page on our bot-page (where you applied for bot-status). Moreover we ask you not to do more then 10 edits a day until we will have been able to grant you the bot-status (unfortunately we do not have any active bureaucrat on lb-wikiedia at the moment, but we will contact a steward within the next days (after you made some test edits) in order to grant you the bot-status). with best regards from Luxembourg lb:User:Robby
- bot-status was now granted to yo on lb-wikipedia, with best regards from Luxembourg lb:User:Robby
Bot on ca.wiki 
User Chobot has now the bot flag on ca.wiki. Welcome. --Vriullop 10:39, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
Chobot@Simple English 
Hello, according to our policy, we require the bots to run a test for a week, in order to investigate the performance and problems, please try to run your bot for a week, and we will vote for it after this, thanks!--Itsmine 10:57, 29 June 2008 (UTC)