Sysop inactivity policy
Hoi. Yes, I tried to read the policy page, I don't understand everything, but as far as I can see, it is nearly the same policy other wikis have as well. :) If there are any sysops to be desysoped due to this policy, please list them on m:SRP#Removal of access with a link to the policy page. Best regards, --Thogo (talk) 10:38, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- No, stewards only remove the rights upon local consensus/policy. Everything else needs to be done by someone here. And we technically can't check if someone emailed the sysop 2 weeks before, so better notify them also on their talk page. :) Best regards, --Thogo (talk) 11:25, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
re:thanks from ar wikiquote 
Ciphers مرحبًا, thanks. There are still three images here which I did not delete, because they are used, but they have no source and licence. Please could You either find out if they have a wiki-compatible licence or remove them from the entries (maybe there are pictures on commons which could be used instead). I have seen You are having a watchful eye on that project and wondered if You were interested in some sort of adminship (probably a temporary period at first, because it does not look like there would be many people locally for a regular voting), because the current admins seem inactive there :(
- Sounds great, please can You make a local announcement about You wanting to gain local adminship (just in case anyone would like to object) and after some days open a request at SRP, many thanks for Your help, best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 16:31, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
TOTW computation template 
re:Import rights 
Hello, if enough users (or all there are anyway) took part in that discussion, I would not see a problem and doubt a voting would be necessary. Best regards, --birdy geimfyglið (:> )=| 11:06, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
A barnstar for you! 
Hi! I just want to thank you and give you this barnstar for your help with the translation of the 2011 fundraiser! The fundraiser was the best we ever had, both in terms of the amount we collected and in terms of number of translations. We couldn't have done either one without the help we got from you and other translators. If you are interested, we made a report, which has some statistics about the translations.
And: I have one more request, and that is that you take this survey. You may have got an e-mail about it, and if you did, please ignore this. But if you didn't it would be great if you would take this survey too, so we can learn to improve the translation experience.
Again, thanks for your help with translations – you're awesome! Jon Harald Søby (WMF) 13:27, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- Could you update me about your bot?
- I see that it is based on Pywikipediabot, is its source online?
- It's user indicates it does many things - but I use google translat to read it. Could you explain briefly how it does content evaluation/new user interaction?
- How else is it similar to my Simone proposal?
- What was the community reaction to it?
Hi. Thanks for your interest in CipherBot. Yes, I use Pywikipediabot for programming some functions, and I also prepared a few templates using AWB to run some other minor maintenance tasks. Unfortunately, I am not publishing the code right now as it is still underdevelopment, and it is not yet optimized in a good shape. What does the new pages review bot is simply to go over the list of all new pages and check their texts. It checks again some criteria (five by now) and defines problems with each article, next it adds maintenance template in the article page, notify the user who created it about these problems, and make a log entry based on its topic, and problems. The community liked the idea as we spend a few months debugging and testing it, however I often receive messages from new users asking me to stop the bot from "ruining their articles". By the way, I like your Simone proposal, and I might borrow some ideas for developing my code and testing it soon. Let`s keep in touch. --Ciphers (talk) 05:01, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
Wikidata press page 
- You are welcome! The page is still no yet complete, please feel free to update it and add any extra info. Best wishes. --Ciphers (talk) 13:13, 4 April 2012 (UTC)
صلاحية الاستيراد 
IRC cloak request 
Hello Ciphers. You recently applied for a Wikimedia IRC cloak, but it looks like you forgot to register your nickname first. Could you please log on to IRC and do:
/msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <email>
where <password> is a password of your choice and <email> is your e-mail address? After you do that, please follow the instructions that are e-mailed to you to confirm your e-mail address. When you're done with that, I just need you to confirm your cloak request:
/msg MemoServ send wmfgc IRC cloak request