Wikimania 2008/Judging process
The process for the selection of the location of Wikimania 2008 will occur as follows:
- Establishment of the judging criteria
- A judging grid will be established with a certain number of criteria, used to determine a total number of point for each city
- Weighting of the judging criteria
- Each criteria will be given a maximum number of points it can be attributed so as to make sure a certain balance in individual jury votes is balanced.
- The jury will confirm the list of running cities following the published schedule.
- The jury will follow the development of bids and provide input when/where needed.
- Members of the jury will be present at a public IRC meeting with the bidding teams. All interested community members are invited to participate.
- The jury will discuss and enter the Q&A phase, asking specific or general questions to the bidding cities for one week. Bidding teams are expected to answer the jury's questions. The jury will, during the Q&A period, vote and refine its votes on the aforementioned grid
- Once the Q&A period is over, the jury will announce the winning city.
The Jury to decide of Wikimania 2008 location is composed of the following people:
The jury for deciding of the location of Wikimania 2008 is composed of the following (note that we are still waiting for answers from a few people):
Voting members of the jury 
- Florence Devouard (Wikimedia Foundation Board - community elected member)
- Frieda Brioschi (Wikimedia Foundation Board - community elected member)
- Jan-Bart De Vreede (Wikimedia Foundation Board - appointed member)
- Sue Gardner (Wikimedia Foundation - executive)
- Angela Beesley (Programme and Advisory Board)
- Achal Prabhala (Advisory Board)
- Juan David Ruiz (Community member present at 3 Wikimanias)
- Dror Kamir (Wikimedia Israel - Community member present at 2 Wikimanias)
- Kizu Naoko (Translation and community coordination)
- Titan Deng (Wikimania 2007 organisation)
- Yu Chen Hsu (Wikimania 2007 organisation)
- Phoebe Ayers (Programme and Wikimania 2006 organisation)
- Austin Hair (Wikimania 2005 & 2006 organisation, chapters)
- Samuel Klein (Wikimania 2005 & 2006 organisation)
- Heather Ford (Advisory Board)
- Sandy Ordonez (Communications manager)
- Delphine Ménard (Wikimania 2005 & 2006 organisation, chapters)
Further Board members may act as advisors to the jury if they so choose.
Note that Moderators are neutral aides and will not act as representatives.
- Cary Bass - (Wikimedia Foundation)
- James Forrester (Wikimedia UK)
- Andrew Lih - (Wikipedia researcher)