Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Iranian Wikimedians User Group - Liaison approval, July 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Two members of the Affiliations Committee assigned as liaisons to a Wikimedia User Group application may initially approve the application for up to one year;
- The application of Iranian Wikimedians User Group has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee and was discussed on their page on Meta;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their Meta page, is to "(a) promotion of Wikimedia projects and free content in general, to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (at cultural centres, associations and Universities); (b) outreach work in schools, universities and by social media to tell people about Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects; (c) edit-a-thons to help Wikipedians/Wikimedians to enrich content contents; (d) participation in different cultural events inculuding Iran national books exibtion and more; (e) photography trips and upload-a-thons to teach users how to upload images to commons and how to use it; and (f) community support: monitoring of current activities and the development status of Farsi projects (and mazandarani and gilaki and kurdi wiki too)"; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee liaisons assigned to this application that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it
- resolved that Iranian Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable, period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement and code of conduct are signed.
- Iranian Wikimedians User Group
- Wikimedia User Group requirements
- Wikimedia User Group approval process