- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Yoruba Wikimedians User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "to develop, improve and promote Yoruba language Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia projects that are related to the Yoruba Wikimedia projects like Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons and Mediawiki, Nigerian pidgin in incubator and Wikimedia projects on topics related to Yoruba language, the Yoruba people, the states of Western Nigeria.";
- Application Review
- With regard to Yoruba Wikimedians User Group's application for user group status and criteria:
- At least 3 active Wikimedia editors: CRITERION MET
- Focus advances Wikimedia: CRITERION MET
- Mission aligned with Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- Compliance with naming guidelines and trademark policy: CRITERION MET
- Information about group published on a Wikimedia wiki: CRITERION MET
- Plans for activities or efforts to advance Wikimedia projects: CRITERION MET
- Allows new members: CRITERION MET
- Two designated contacts for Wikimedia Foundation: CRITERION MET
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Yoruba Wikimedians User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 01 August 2019.
Per the Wikimedia user group approval process, this application has been approved on 01 August 2019 on behalf of the Affiliations Committee: