Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Renewal Wikimedia Tunisia User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- On June14, 2014, Wikimedia Tunisia User Group was recognized as Wikimedia User Group by the Affiliations Committee for a term of 1 year that finished on June 15, 2015;
- The affiliation requirements for Wikimedia User Groups include annual renewal based on the annual activities report submitted by the group.
- The group in Tunisia was very active in their first year for which their activities reporting highlights multiple programs and events including:
- Three major photo contests (Wii Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Monuments, and Wiki Loves Africa)
- Hosting of the first ever WikiArabia Conference in 2015
- On-going development of a multi-partner GLAM program working with Rachidia, the National Archive, and Medinapedia
- Several workshops with community groups and educational partners to provide introductory training in Wikimedia projects and editing.
- Participation at three other international events (Wikimania Mexico, Wikimedia Conference in Berlin, & GLAM Conference in the Hague) and at a Software Freedom Day event where they promoted Wikimedia
- The current status and work performed by Wikimedia Tunisia User Group have been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- They have fulfilled the minimum requirements to retain their status as a Wikimedia User Group;
- The Affiliations Committee has determined that the Wikimedia User Group satisfies the requirements for renewal of its status as an affiliate.
- Therefore be it resolved that the Wikimedia User Group status of Wikimedia Tunisia User Group is hereby renewed and adjusted to the gregorian calendar year for reporting as indicated by the reports page set-up. Based on this adjustment the group is hereby renewed through December 31, 2016 at which time they may again renew for an additional one-year term.