Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Wikimedians of Iceland User Group – February 2014/nl
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A group of Wikimedians originally requested to be recognized as a chapter under the operating name of "Wikimedia Iceland"
- The Affiliations Committee recommended that Wikimedia Iceland be recognised as a chapter by the Board of Trustees in a resolution dated 25 November 2013
- The Board of Trustees decided at a meeting held on 24-25 November 2013 that it was not ready to approve Wikimedia Iceland as a Chapter at this time, and the Board would like to encourage them to continue activities as a User Group
- The group of Wikimedians has agreed to follow the Board of Trustee's recommendation and to apply for Wikimedia User Group recognition under the name "Wikimedians of Iceland User Group"
- The user group application of Wikimedians of Iceland User Group has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The focus of the group can be found on Meta.
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status;
- A user group may later be recognized as a chapter or a thematic organization if it meets the additional requirements.
- Therefore be it
- resolved that Wikimedians of Iceland User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year renewable period that becomes effective when the Wikimedia User Group agreement is signed.
- At the end of the recognition period, the group may apply for the renewal of recognition.
- This decision was communicated to the Affiliations Committee, but not minuted