Wikimedia Foundation Audit Committee
Information and meeting minutes: Audit committee on Wikimedia Foundation's wiki
The Audit Committee of the Wikimedia Foundation represents the Board of Trustees in its oversight of financial and accounting issues, providing advice and counsel based on the experience of committee members in business, financial and accounting matters. It also serves as Board-level oversight of the relationship with the independent auditor (currently KPMG). Audit Committee members serve one-year terms, typically beginning at the start of the fiscal year in July. The committee is typically chaired by a Trustee with a financial background, supported by the Treasurer and CFO, and may include representatives from the community, advisory board, or other outside advisers.
The committee's operation is governed by a charter. It can be contacted privately at audit-llists.wikimedia.org.
Starting in 2013, meeting minutes are posted after each meeting.
2015-2016 fiscal year
- Denny, Alice, Stu
- Non-voting members: Matt Bisanz; Michael Snow; Sam Klein; ..
- Observers: Lila Tretikov (Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director)
2014-2015 fiscal year
- Voting members: Sam Klein, Committee Chair (Trustee); Stu West (Trustee); Patricio Lorente (Trustee)
- Non-voting members: Matt Bisanz; Michael Snow; Abhijith Jayanthi; Ben Creasy; Florian Gerl
- Observers: Lila Tretikov (Wikimedia Foundation Executive Director); Jimmy Wales (Trustee)
For past years, see: historical member list.