CIS-A2K/Events/Wikipedia assignments workshop for Post Graduate students in PAH Solapur University
CIS-A2K has organised this workshop in collaboration with PAH Solapur University on 3 May 2019. Total 10 Post graduate students from Mass Communication department and three faculty members attended sessions during this workshop.
CIS-A2K is working in collaboration with PAH Solapur University, Solapur in Maharashtra on Wikimedia projects. The Mass Communication and Journalism departments are involved in content generation on Marathi Wikipedia & Commons for the last two years. In 2019, the department has given assignment in the form of Wikipedia articles for Post graduate course.
- To review the articles by students. The articles are given as assignment by Mass Communication department.
- IPWT sessions for potential students for quality improvement and retention
- Dates : 3 May 2019
- Time : 11 am to 6 pm
- Venue : Mass Communication Department, PAH Solapur University
Participants (Usernames & articles created)
- अरविंद धरेप्पा बगले - Five articles
- शेख सुहेल अजीज - Two articles
- अनोज चिक्कय्या कदम - Five articles
- ऋतुराज बालिंग स्वामी - Five articles
- विजय लक्ष्मण थोरात - Two articles
- सगरनाथ सुतार - Four articles
- वृंदाजय काळे - Five articles
- स्वप्निल सोनवणे - Two articles
- अमोल नानासाहेब साबळे - Three articles
- अजय ज्ञानदेव राजगुरू - Three articles
- तेजस्विनी कांबळे - Two articles
The Mass Communication department has involved students in Marathi Day and Independence Struggle edit-a-thons conducted by Marathi Wiki community. After this experience of Wikimedia projects, the faculty decided to give assignments on the theme - Newspapers & notable editors in pre-independence era. The students explored offline & online references for the content. They first prepared the articles in Word document, which were verified by faculty and A2K representative. The manual of style, using citoid for references and Wikipedia pillars were explained. After the verification of content, the articles were uploaded on Marathi Wikipedia. About 40 articles were created by 10 students and two faculty members. As the stories of editors and journalists in the British period were full of sacrifice & adventure, the students got inspiration also. The faculty reviewed the assignment completion process with the stakeholders in the last session. The department has decided to plan the process more systematically in the next academic year. It has also decided to replicate this methodology for other departments in the university.