Category talk:Community Wishlist Survey
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reorganizing category structure (proposal)
Currently, a lot of effort is spent on supporting the structure of multilingual categories, each of which contains only 1-2 pages.
- Make Category:Community Wishlist Survey translatable
- Include Category:Community Wishlist Survey into "Feature requests" and "Editor surveys" (along to "Community Tech")
- And also include in "Software development", "Wikimedia resources for program coordinators", "Wikimedia resources for contributors", "Wikimedia resources for developers", "Wikimedia resources for affiliate organizers"
- Make categories "Community Wishlist Survey YYYY" untranslatable
- Remove categories "Community Wishlist Survey YYYY" from "Feature requests" and "Editor surveys"
- For every translatable pages from "Community Wishlist Survey YYYY" (usually, only "Community Wishlist Survey 2015" and, very rare, "Community Wishlist Survey 2015/Results") adopt the following categorization scheme:
- base page — included only in the "Community Wishlist Survey YYYY"
- translations — included in the"Community Wishlist Survey YYYY/Translations", and also in categories
- Community Wishlist Survey/<langcode>
- @MusikAnimal (WMF): - this will be started tommorow. --Kaganer (talk) 14:47, 30 October 2018 (UTC)
- @Kaganer: Hey! I don't really understand why the category pages need to be translatable, but I've no opposition to your proposal. So long as the category structure doesn't change, go for it. MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 16:03, 30 October 2018 (UTC)