Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Multimedia and Commons/Uploaded files visible in the gallery
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
- Problem: Currently we can see our uploaded files as a list. Sometimes for searching a some file the mouse overheats from page scrolling. I think it would be a better solution to create the last uploaded files in the form of a gallery.
- Who would benefit: All users.
- Proposed solution: Create the last uploaded files in the form of a gallery
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Tournasol7 (talk) 16:54, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
This would be more useful as a category, so that all images of a user would ba accessible to Cat-a-lot. This would e.g. be helpful when new users throw too many images in too many categories. So why not just a hidden category for every user? With the sorting feature requested before one could order them by upload date. Watchduck (talk) 18:26, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Watchduck; In this proposal, I am more concerned with the clarity of the "Uploads" page. The solution proposed by you is good, but I would consider it as a separate proposition. Tournasol7 (talk) 18:45, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 09:27, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support --Tylwyth Eldar (talk) 09:41, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support ديفيد عادل وهبة خليل 2 (talk) 12:04, 17 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support, it might appeal to some Flicker users (see #IAuploader for images) HLHJ (talk) 05:08, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Juandev (talk) 11:23, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Wargo (talk) 23:54, 18 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Vulphere 12:17, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Novak Watchmen (talk) 13:33, 21 November 2018 (UTC)
- Only Support when you can switch between views. Sometimes you want the detailed information on one page. Zanaq (talk) 06:24, 23 November 2018 (UTC)
- Support Per Zanaq Daniel Case (talk) 22:58, 28 November 2018 (UTC)