The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Allow rev parent id to be fixed
- Problem: Look at the oldest edits for Joshua Claybourn and Talk:Netherlands on the English Wikipedia. Notice that the edits unexpectedly show an incorrect negative size difference number. Also, compare this portion of the history of Akita (dog) or the oldest 1000 edits for iPhone and the history of Technology Is a Dead Bird. Notice that the size difference numbers for the page-move edits are wrong.
- Proposed solution: Make the
rev_parent_idfixable with a MediaWiki extension.
- Who would benefit: Everyone
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets: T223342
- Proposer: GeoffreyT2000 (talk) 23:16, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- In particular, revisions whose parent IDs were messed up in pre-2018 undeletions should be able to have their parent IDs changed back to what they used to be. GeoffreyT2000 (talk) 23:16, 14 January 2022 (UTC)
- This is not on the list of things I think anyone using Wiki* cares about today. --Izno (talk) 00:19, 17 January 2022 (UTC)
- I care about it. This is something I've occassionally come up against. As an admin, I sometimes want to know who created an article, or what state it was in as created as compared to now. Messed up histories get in the way of that and other investigative tasks. SpinningSpark 09:27, 5 February 2022 (UTC)
- Yes, this is more of a bug report Let's talk 18:11, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- Declined - this is a bug Let's talk 22:19, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose Per above, absolutely no reason to "fix" parent ids, should be archived as soon as possible. --Liuxinyu970226 (talk) 11:41, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Declined - a bug report is not encountered. Thingofme (talk) 13:29, 29 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Saad Nabbi (talk) 10:20, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
- Support per my comments above. SpinningSpark 09:34, 5 February 2022 (UTC)