Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project
The Deoband Yoruba Collaborative Project (also known as DYCP) is a collaborative project between the Deoband Community Wikimedia and the Yoruba Wikimedians User Group. The project aims to include content related to global Deobandi scholarship on the Yoruba language Wikipedia, and also the inclusion of "Yoruba-related" content on Urdu Wikipedia. The project was formally given green signals on 25 June 2022, through an interactive session, in which Aafi and Olatunde Isaac participated.
Our objectives includes but not limited to:
- To increase content on small language Wikipedias such as Urdu, and the Yoruba Wikipedia
- To promote international collaborations among Wikimedia affiliates
- Increase the quality of existing article on small language Wikipedias
- To engage existing volunteers
- To promote Wikimedia projects in Nigeria and India
- To support the creation, development, growth and free distribution of Yoruba, and Deoband related educational materials.
- July 2022 Drive (Successfully completed on 29 July 2022)