Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
Editor retention measures the extent to which editors remain active over time; it is one of the main factors of community growth. Editor retention has often been identified as one of the areas where Wikimedia wikis need major improvements. This page is a hub indexing the various editor retention related resources we have.
Groups working on editor retention
- WMF Growth team - mainly focusing on the early experience of new editors
- Volunteer Supporters Network
- CivilServant (CivilServant's Wikimedia studies)
- Growth community at Wikimedia Space
- old Growth team (aka Editor Engagement Experiments), 2012-15
Efforts at improving editor retention
- Community Capacity Development/New contributor engagement and growth
- Grants:Project/WM HU/Editor retention program
- movement strategy: capacity building recommendations, community health recommendations
- 2010 movement strategy: increase participation
- 2011 strategy update about refocusing on editor retention, and subsequent board resolution on openness
- mw:Anonymous editor acquisition -
See Research for more.
- Learning patterns: volunteer management, diversity, training