Esperanto kaj Libera Scio/Reports/2016
- In February, ELiSo joined Wikimedia CEE.
- On March 21, Wikimedia CEE Spring 2016 with Esperanto language support started.
- In June, at least eight Esperanto speakers participated in Wikimania 2016, of whom four were ELiSo activists. (Report)
- On June 20, a Telegram-group of ELiSo was created, in order to simplify the communication.
- On 27-29 August, KuboF reprezented ELiSo during Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016
- In October and December, Wikivoyage caravane happened in Esperanto Wikivoyage.
- In November, Wikipedia Asian Month started in Esperanto Wikipedia.
- On November 19-20, happened KAEST, where were training about how to edit Esperanto Wikipedia.
- On December 7, ELiSo was featured in the Esperanto-language podcast Movada Vidpunkto.
KuboF Hromoslav was full-time volunteer of World Esperanto Youth Organization and agreed to use part of his time to serve as a Wikimedian in Residence, supposedly for the first time in an Esperanto organisation. His tasks were centered around 2 topics:
- Esperanto125 - coordinated translation task force on topic of Esperanto (movement, history, culture etc);
- supporting important Esperanto meetings using Esperanto Wikivoyage.
The work was intended to be started and initially coordinated by KuboF and continue afterward. But the allocated time was too little and the volunteering work ran into other problems and the results were moderate and non-self-sustainable.