Expat Wikipedians/Italians in Berlin
The main target of the contest is the "expat" community of Italians in Berlin, that count (on June 2019) on a population of circa 20,000 people.
The project consists in:
- a training course of 3 lessons, held in Italian from expert wikipedians, during the months of September and October, 2019
- a photo walk in the city in September 2019, concurrently with the German edition of Wiki Loves Monuments
- a period of free editing by the participants
- a final evaluation of the works by a jury of Italian wikipedians
The participants, after a proper training course, will create new articles and improve existing ones about Berlin on Italian-language Wikimedia projects.
In particular, participants will:
- create and improve articles on Italian Wikipedia
- create a travel itinerary on Italian Wikivoyage
- take and upload photos on Wikimedia Commons
Each participant would work on specific topics and a specific area of Berlin, that could be proposed by participants itself or discussed with the trainers.
The training course will be held in the new head quarter of the WikiBär, the space for wikipedians in Berlin, established in April 2017.
- Köpenicker Straße, 45 - Berlin-Mitte
The contest starts on September 2019 with the first lesson of the training course and will end in November 2019 with the announcement of the winners.
Dates of the training course:
- September 7th: presentation of the contest, theory lesson, user registration, first edits
- September 21st: practical workshop, identification and subdivision of the articles, editing
- October 12th: editing, troubleshooting, progress evaluation
All lessons are on Saturday afternoon, from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- a photo walk that will be organized by the organizing team of Wiki Loves Monuments (Date tbd)
- participants will be able to continue to work freely on their articles until October 31st
- from November 1st will start the evaluation process of the jury
- winners will be announced in the middle of November
In order to participate, applicants have to fill [ this form] not later than August 28th.
Participation is free. The maximum number of participants is 15 people, which will be selected based on the answers given in the registration form.
For any question just contact the organizing team sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- "Berlin Polulation 2019". World Population Review. 15 June 2019. Retrieved 11 July 2019.