Grants:IdeaLab/Better Communication for beginners
What Wikimedia project(s) and specific areas will you be evaluating?
Is this project measuring a specific space on a project (e.g. deletion discussions), or the project as a whole?
English Wikipedia, message to page moderators
Describe your idea. How might it be implemented?
A chat box within the platform would be very helpful in this.
Are there experienced Wikimedians who can help implement this project?
If applicable, please list groups or usernames of individuals who you can work with on this project, and what kind of work they will do.
It would provide an easy method of cummunication
How would your measurement idea help your community make better decisions?
After you are finished measuring or evaluating your Wikimedia project, how do you expect that information to be used to benefit the project?
It would be easier to identify the content quality
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?
Do you need people with specific skills to complete this idea? Are there any financial needs for this project? If you can’t implement this project, can you scale down your project so it is doable?
Moderation team support would be very helpful.
About the idea creator
- Volunteer Not really sure, just want to help promote this great idea Roofermann (talk) 14:26, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- It is an interesting idea. I would like to keep looking at it and possible discussion of implementations. The challenge is how to keep it transparent and how to moderate it. Gryllida 01:07, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- Very important. Good luck - Bernd - die Brücke (talk) 12:29, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- This is a great idea! Wyrm127 (talk) 15:51, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- It would be better if is eligible. Web SourceContent Management System 15:54, 26 July 2018 (UTC)
- Pinging @Frank Schulenburg: who at one time mapped out a nice approach to chat interaction relating to Wikipedia. -Pete Forsyth (talk) 22:23, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Because it's needed. Roofermann (talk) 14:25, 2 August 2018 (UTC)
- It is needed. Too much time is lost fishing for the right template or someone in the treehouse with the information you need when a simple "what can I help you with" chat box can perhaps solve things more efficiently. Mrphilip (talk) 13:39, 8 August 2018 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschillingwikimedia.org for help!