Grants:IdeaLab/Find it on Wikipedia!!!/Report
|Grant page||Project Documentation||Report||Presentations & Proposals|
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes I did, and I am happy with the execution and outcome of the project.
Please report on your original project targets.
This project called "Find it on Wikipedia!!!" focused on increasing the awareness of Wikipedia and getting new readers. The success of the project is to be measured by:
- The total number of participants in the radio show.
- An increase in English Wikipedia main page views(en.wikipedia.org).
- Picture uploads of winners on social media.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of radio shows (4)||Number of radio shows (6)||Target superseded because of an additional two episodes negotiated from airtime discount as well as time reduction from 20 minutes to 15 minutes.|
|50 participants||230 participants||Participants are listeners who sent in answers to questions asked on the radio show via Whatsapp and Twitter. So, I superseded this target.|
|Increase in pageviews||Increase in pageviews||This target can be measured with a Pageview Analysis tool, although it does not specifically define the geographical location of viewers. For details of this outcome, please click here|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The social media campaign went well, it attracted participants. Also, the picture uploads of winners on social media created awareness.
- The radio show was fantastic! it was very informative and fun.
- What did not work so well?
- My plan to give winners gift voucher codes was not achieved. I had to make arrangements for gift voucher cards which required winners to show up physically at the radio station to pick up their token. This was not convenient for some of them. In fact, we still await the winner of the fifth episode to collect his token. This distorted the picture uploads of winners on social media.
- The experimental version of the project did not yield much result, only a total of seven people participated.
- What would you do differently next time?
I would make arrangements for gift voucher codes instead of voucher cards.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Item Description||Total NGN||Total USD|
|Segment airtime to the radio station (for 15 minutes biweekly)||450,000||$1,252.47|
|Stipend for the presenter||70,000||$194.829|
|Graphic designs for awareness on social media||85,000||$236.578|
|Token for winners||80,000||$222.661|
|Logistics and Miscellaneous||30,000||$83.4980|
Do you have any remaining grant funds? Yes, I have 3,578.53 Naira ($9.96) I would use it in a similar project.
Anything else you want to share about your project? In general, this project was a huge success.