Grants:IdeaLab/Location based editors
What Wikimedia project(s) and specific areas will you be evaluating?
Is this project measuring a specific space on a project (e.g. deletion discussions), or the project as a whole?
Nepali and maithili wikipedia as a editor and administrator
Describe your idea. How might it be implemented?
For the idea which are physically available , i can visit the place to collect the ideas wheras the idea which are not physically available i can take interview of the local or native people
Are there experienced Wikimedians who can help implement this project?
If applicable, please list groups or usernames of individuals who you can work with on this project, and what kind of work they will do.
How would your measurement idea help your community make better decisions?
After you are finished measuring or evaluating your Wikimedia project, how do you expect that information to be used to benefit the project?
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?
Do you need people with specific skills to complete this idea? Are there any financial needs for this project? If you can’t implement this project, can you scale down your project so it is doable?
Ya , sure i can implement all those ideas but i will need help from all the wikipedia users as well editors
About the idea creator
I am Rajan Raj pandey from Nepal and Native Maithili speaker
- Advisor advise SandSsandwich (talk) 09:17, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- Volunteer I would like to volunteer. Sirbrunton (talk) 17:41, 23 July 2018 (UTC)
- Researcher by providing only facts. Gautam kpl (talk) 16:12, 27 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose. There may be a conflict of interest and/or risk of own work if par exemple only Nepalese contributors write about Nepal. --Havang(nl) (talk) 11:27, 28 July 2018 (UTC). PS. I am Dutch, living in the Netherlands, but I write mainly about France on WP:Fr (actually 30.339 contributions). Installing such a rule should be the end of my work on WP:Fr. --Havang(nl) (talk) 11:33, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
- Oppose While it is a boon to have a locally-based editor editing a place-based topic, it is not a requirement for expertise. I provide the example of child-care givers who are not parents but who are effective at taking care of children.Ouranista (talk) 15:28, 28 July 2018 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschillingwikimedia.org for help!