Grants:IdeaLab/Wikisource in Indic languages
What is the problem you're trying to solve?
There are no Wikisource projects even in some of the major Indic languages such as Punjabi, Urdu, Hindi.
What is your solution?
To start a project which will involve members from communities which are already successfully working on improving Wikisource in their languages
Work being done
- Identify and upload appropriate content on Wikimedia Commons
- Use OCR4wikisource for the content
Work to do
- Digitization of public domain works
- Collaboration with organizations already doing this work
- Wikisource Workshops for various language communities
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.