Grants:IdeaLab/measure the gain of quality on added value articles broken down according to well-chosen criteria
What Wikimedia project(s) and specific areas will you be evaluating?
Is this project measuring a specific space on a project (e.g. deletion discussions), or the project as a whole?
Wiki-fr and all the wikis where Content assessment is implemented
Describe your idea. How might it be implemented?
- The health of the community is reflected by the number of added value edits on main articles
- The size of the edit can be used to measur the added value
- The importance of the article (Content assessment ) can be used to measur how the edit is a contribution to increasing quality
Produce statistics of number of edits every semester (for exemple) broken down according to the following criteria :
- Importance (top, high,...)
- Class (stub, start, C, B,...)
- Size (>10000 bytes, ...)
- Project (importance is relative to project)
With number of distinct contributors
Are there experienced Wikimedians who can help implement this project?
If applicable, please list groups or usernames of individuals who you can work with on this project, and what kind of work they will do.
by survey of targeted projects
How would your measurement idea help your community make better decisions?
After you are finished measuring or evaluating your Wikimedia project, how do you expect that information to be used to benefit the project?
better knowledge of the rise in quality
Do you think you can implement this idea? What support do you need?
Do you need people with specific skills to complete this idea? Are there any financial needs for this project? If you can’t implement this project, can you scale down your project so it is doable?
No, I'm not a tech
About the idea creator
I'm a Wiki-fr (40000 edits > 10 years) and commons (>10000 files) contributor
- I hope it can more efficiently improve the quality of articles on a broader scale. Sunriseshore (talk) 15:52, 20 July 2018 (UTC)
Expand your idea
Would a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation help make your idea happen? You can expand this idea into a grant proposal.
No funding needed?
Does your idea not require funding, but you're not sure about what to do next? Not sure how to start a proposal on your local project that needs consensus? Contact Chris Schilling on-wiki at I JethroBT (WMF) (talk · contribs) or via e-mail at cschillingwikimedia.org for help!