Grants:PEG/Satdeep Gill/Punjabi Wikimedians Infrastructure Support/Report
- 1 Project status
- 2 Activities and lessons learned
- 3 Outcomes and impact
- 4 Reporting and documentation of expenditures
- Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
- Is your project completed?
- YES (We will keep using the equipment to work on similar projects in the future.)
Activities and lessons learned
- The equipment was used by various community members over the course of the last 8 months.
- What worked well?
- The project worked according to the plan. We photographed some villages of Patiala district and also we were able to get pictures of around 15 famous personalities whose pictures were either not available or were not of good quality.
We also used the camera to document some dialects and languages. We also recorded some Punjabi folksongs as a pilot project.
- What didn't work?
- We think the project went pretty and we have delivered a little more than the expectations. We will keep working on documenting villages of Punjab and taking photographs of prominent personalities.
- What would you do differently if you planned a similar project?
- We might organize a photography workshop for Wikimedians so that more Good Quality images can be taken. We would also like to get some micro grants for travelling in the region to continue doing this work in the future.
We would also like to request for another camera in the future, so that different community members can use the equipment at the same time.
We have endorsed the below Learning patterns:
- Grants:Learning patterns/ Improve photo quality with better cameras
- Grants:Learning patterns/Photographing your local buildings
Outcomes and impact
- Provide the original project goal here.
- At least 500 images on Wikimedia Commons in the next 6 months
- At least 100 images to be used in various Wikimedia projects
- Hoping to get some images selected as quality images.
- Did you achieve your project goal? How do you know your goal was achieved? Please answer in 1 - 2 short paragraphs.
- ~400 images uploaded on Wikimedia Commons.
- ~100 images used in at least Wikimedia project.
- ~40 images used in more than one Wikimedia project.
- 19 Good Quality images
- 8 Videos including language samples
- 2 Valued images
A Punjabi Folksong
Mounir speaking Tunisian Arabic
Raphael speaking Twi
Raj speaking Bagri
Krishna speaking Bhojpuri
Progress towards targets and goals
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|At least 500 images on Wikimedia Commons in the next 6 months||Around 400 images and 8 videos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons during the project||We have not been able to reach the target of 500 images.|
|At least 100 images to be used in various Wikimedia projects||More than 100 images are now being used in at least one Wikimedia project.||We have also been able to record 8 vidoes, out of which 6 are being used on various Wikimedia projects.|
|Hoping to get some pictures selected as good pictures as well||19 Quality images and two Valued images on Wikimedia Commons||This was beyond our expectation.|
We are trying to understand the overall outcomes of the work being funded across our grantees. In addition to the measures of success for your specific program (in above section), please use the table below to let us know how your project contributed to the Global Metrics. We know that not all projects will have results for each type of metric, so feel free to put "0" where necessary.
- Next to each required metric, list the actual outcome achieved through this project.
- Where necessary, explain the context behind your outcome. For example, if you were funded for an edit-a-thon which resulted in 0 new images, your explanation might be "This project focused solely on participation and articles written/improved, the goal was not to collect images."
For more information and a sample, see Global Metrics.
|1. # of active editors involved||4||The individuals were active on one or other Wikimedia projects|
|2. # of new editors||2||Two users who had not contributed to Commons earlier.|
|3. # of individuals involved||6||Total number of individuals who have used the Camera|
|4a. # of new images/media added to Wikimedia articles/pages||~ 100 + 6||Around 100 images and 6 videos being used on Wikimedia projects|
|4b. # of new images/media uploaded to Wikimedia Commons (Optional)||~ 400 + 8||Around 400 images plus 8 videos|
|5. # of articles added or improved on Wikimedia projects||N/A||Not relevant|
|6. Absolute value of bytes added to or deleted from Wikimedia projects||N/A||Not relevant|
- Learning question
- Did your work increase the motivation of contributors, and how do you know?
- Getting their images selected as Quality images for the first time has surely increased the movtivation of the team and they are eager to learn more about photography and bring more quality images from the region onto Wikimedia Commons.
Option B: How did you improve quality on one or more Wikimedia projects?
- By this project we have improved the quality on Wikimedia projects. 19 quality images and 2 valued images along with images of 10 famous personalities which were not previously available on Wikimedia Commons.
Reporting and documentation of expenditures
This section describes the grant's use of funds
- Did you send documentation of all expenses paid with grant funds to grants at wikimedia dot org, according to the guidelines here? Answer "Yes" or "No".
- Please list all project expenses in a table here, with descriptions and dates. Review the instructions here.
PLACEHOLDER TEXT. SEE INSTRUCTIONS AT Grants:Index/Create financial report.
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Actual cost per unit||Actual total||Budgeted total||Currency||Notes|
- Total project budget (from your approved grant submission)
- 48,000 INR (720 USD)
- Total amount requested from WMF (from your approved grant submission, this total will be the same as the total project budget if PEG is your only funding source)
- 48,000 INR (720 USD)
- Total amount spent on this project
- 47,500 INR
- Total amount of Project and Event grant funds spent on this project
- 47,500 INR
- Are there additional sources that funded any part of this project? List them here.
- Are there any grant funds remaining?
- Answer YES or NO.
- Please list the total amount (specify currency) remaining here. (This is the amount you did not use, or the amount you still have after completing your grant.)
- 1356 INR (from Infrastructure Grant as well as from Grants approved on this page)
- If funds are remaining they must be returned to WMF, reallocated to mission-aligned activities, or applied to another approved grant.
- Please state here if you intend to return unused funds to WMF, submit a request for reallocation, or submit a new grant request, and then follow the instructions on your approved grant submission.
- We would like use the remaining funds in our future projects.