Overview of MG media collection topics
|Objects||Photographs||Expenditures CZK||Paid out CZK|
|Foto českých obcí||Documentation of Czech Municipalities including the smallest ones||77||792||8624||25 053 ($1,260)||21 414|
|Lidová tvořivost||Folk craft||3||3||332||2 828 ($150)||2 000|
|Obrazová dokumentace chráněných území a památných stromů v ČR||Documentation of protected Natural Areas and Memorable Trees in the Czech Republic||80||335||5 552||17 575 ($880)||16 273|
|Odborná fotografie||Scientific Photography||4||3||270||762 ($40)||502|
|Události||Documentation of important events in the Czech Republic||2||2||93||132 ($10)||97|
|Vodstvo||Water bodies of the Czech Republic||0||0||0||0 ($0)||0|
|Židovské památky||Documentation of Jewish monuments in the Czech Republic||10||152||1552||5 163 ($260)||5 162|
|Summary||176||1 287||16 423||51 512 ($2,580)||45 447|
|Name||Description||Photographs||Expenditures CZK||Paid out CZK|
|Digitalizace skleněných diapozitivů - 1. fáze||Digitalization of historical photographs - phase 1||N/A||620 ($40)||0|
- There will always be some difference between “Expenditures” and “Paid out” because there is always a time delay between recording expenditures into tracker and supporting them by documents and approving them. The second reason for this is that a few expenditures were decided not be approved in full extent.
- Number of journeys, objects, photographs and corresponding expenditures are from now counted strictly form tracker, so objects and photographs from one journey are not divided by themes and are counted under the main theme of a particular journey.
- The amounts in USD was rounded so the summary amounts should not correspond.
- Consolidation of former topics "Vernacular architecture" and "Czech Vernacular Clothes and Customs"
- Three objects (rivers/streams) with 54 photos are counted under the main theme of a particular journey
Total amount of all Mediagrant expenditures: 149 476,35 CZK (approx. 7,670 USD)
- one-time requests: 97 963,75 CZK (5,020 USD)
- long-term topics: 51 512,60 CZK (2,640 USD)
Long winter in Europe meant that photographers have been less active than usual. As a consequence, no important photographing outdoor events have taken place between January and March 2013. A preliminary phase of digitalizing valuable photographic material from the Geographical Library of Faculty of Science, Prague, has been financed by the Mediagrant. More information will be probably made public in the next report.
Also, two similar Mediagrant 'topics' - "Vernacular architecture" and "Czech Vernacular Clothes and Customs" - were consolidated into a common topic 'Folk Craft' (Lidová tvořivost) to make things easier and widen the possibilities. Moreover, a new topic for documenting Czech zoological gardens (zoos) was initiated. It will serve to improve the photographic content of articles about Czech zoos and their inhabitants.
New table format
In previous reports, we strived to divide all the objects, pictures and expenses into specific "topics". However, when photographer documents objects from various "topics" during one journey, our tracker software is not able to split the journey correctly into the corresponding topics.
Mediagrant, however, supports taking pictures from all the Mediagrant's topics during one journey. For instance, you should take pictures of not only villages (for Documentation of Czech Municipalities) but also eg. neighbouring protected areas. This is, currently, a too difficult task for the Tracker. In fact, it counts all the media as if they were part of the "main topic" of the journey and exact numbers can only be determined by manually checking journey by journey. Until recently, we have had an auxiliary table for the sake of a more exact statistics. Having such a table has, however, proven unrealistic - and other problems are emerging: how could we we split the expenses into the corresponding topics? Therefore, we decided to show data exactly how they are written in our tracker. In case of some less frequented topics, when some expenses were too deviant from the reality, we show real data in the footnotes.