This is an automatically generated Meta-Wiki page. The page was copied from Fluxx, the grantmaking web service of Wikimedia Foundation where the user has submitted their application. Please do not make any changes to this page because all changes will be removed after the next update. Use the discussion page for your feedback. The page was created by CR-FluxxBot.
- Organization name or Wikimedia Username for individuals. (required)
- Almohtawa Alarabi Alraqami Organization
- Do you have any approved General Support Fund requests? (required)
- No, it is my first time applying for a General Support Fund
- You are applying as a(n). (required)
- Nonprofit organization with Wikimedia mission
- Are your group or organization legally registered in your country? (required)
- Do you have a fiscal sponsor?
- Fiscal organization name.
- 1. Please state the title of your proposal. This will also be a title for the Meta-Wiki page. (required)
- Jordanian Digital Arabic Content Association annual program
- 2. Do you want to apply for the multi-year funding or renewal process? (required)
- 2.1. For how many years of multi-year funding are you applying? (required)
- 2.2. Provide a brief overview of Year 2 and Year 3 of the proposed plan and how this relates to the current proposal and your strategic plan? (required)
- 3. Proposed start date. (required)
- 4. Proposed end date. (required)
- 5. Does your organization or group have an Affiliate or Organizational Annual Plan that can help us understand your proposal? If yes, please provide it. (required)
- 6. Does your affiliate, organization or group have a Strategic Plan that can help us understand your proposal? If yes, please provide it. (required)
- 7. Where will this proposal be implemented? (required)
- 8. What are your programs, approaches, and strategies? What are the challenges that you are trying to address and how will your strategies support you in addressing these challenges? (required)
we started our Wikipedia education program at Hashemite University in Jordan back in 2015 and since then we have added more than 73 programs, 2.34K editors, 8.07M Words Added, 48.4M Article Views, 17.3K Articles Edited, 5.53K Articles Created, 726 Commons Uploads.. details attached below. we have done this under a wiki club that I established which is called Jordanian Digital Arabic Content Club at Hashemite University in Jordan which now belongs to our Jordanian Digital Arabic Content Association (JDACA) because after we graduated from the University we wanted our work to be continued after graduation. we faced two major chalenges in this regard. the first one was administrative change of the University presidency which affected us negatively because we used to have support from the university previous president and they were supporting us by annual budget of 1000JD and have made a dean council decision that Wikipedia contributions can be accounted as assessment method for students and can be given marks in the grading of students. those strong strategies that we used to have now are not available because of the administrative changes. the second challenge was covid pandemic because we used to recruit newcomers to Wikipedia through sessions that we used to give inside the campus. this year strategy address those two challenges by going back to the campus and start workshops to get more students involved in editing Wikipedia again and restoring our club youth power and motivation by giving certificates and conducting final ceremony. we also approaching the new administration in order to renew the MOU between Wikimedia foundation and Hashemite University in order to formalize Wikipedia activities for the coming 5 years.
- 9. What categories are your main programs and related activities under? Please select all that apply. (required)
|Culture, heritage or GLAM||No|
|Gender and diversity||No|
|Community support and engagement||No|
|Participation in campaigns and contests||Yes|
|Public policy advocacy||No|
- 9.1.1. Select all your programs and activities for Education. (required)
- Wiki Club, Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom or other Reading/Evaluating Wikipedia Training, Editing Wikipedia Training
- Other programs and activities if any: N/A
- 9.1.2. Select all relevant audience groups for Education. (required)
- Primary school students, Secondary school students, Vocational, tertiary, or higher education, Teachers or professors, Senior citizens
- Other groups if any: N/A
Participation in campaigns and contests
- 9.5. Select all campaigns that apply. (required)
- Wikipedia Asian Month, Other
- Other programs and activities if any: Medical contest to translate medical topics on Wikipedia from English to Arabic because medical topics in arabic language are scanty and there is urgent demand on this topics by readers who are eager to know about their disease or medical condition. our team is from medical background in that we have 3 physicians in the board of directors and 2 pharmacists so we have the experience in translating those types of articles and we have translated before the WHO list of essential medicines which are around 300 articles. we want to encourage more contributors from medical bachground to join us and participate.
- 10. Please include a link to or upload a timeline (operational calendar) for your programs and activities. (required)
- 11. Describe your team. (required)
our board consists of chairpersons who is Mossab Banat who is volunteer and works as general practitioner, a vicechairperson is Areen Aburumman who is volunteer from al Salt and works as pharmacist. Our treasurer is Jafar Raed who is computer engineer and volunteer from Zarqa under the username:جعفر14. our secretary is najeh Naji who is agricultural enginer and dietitian and wiki volunteer from Irbid under the username:Justwiki. our other 3 board members are Israa dubaisiah who is pharmacist and volunteer from Jarash under the username:اسراء دبيسيه and Aseel Al Dalaaeen from Al Karak who has bachelor's degree in French literature and volunteer under the username:أسيل الضلاعين and Zaid AL shobok who is physician from Zarqa and currently migrated to Canada. By the new year we will be electing a new board member because of Dr Zaid immigration.
- 12. Will you be working with any internal (Wikimedia) or external partners? Describe the characteristics of these partnerships and bring a few examples of the most significant partnerships. (required)
we have strong partnerships with educational bodies bonded with MOUs like Hashemite University, Irbid private university, AL omaria private school for girls, Ohod private school, and Sukaina bint al Husain governmental school for girls. We are going to expand education program to Irbid University and renovate education program at Hashemite University. With schools we are going to support more girls participation as Omaria school has two big branches one in Zarqa and one in Amman and we will expand the program to reach Zarqa branch and from working only with girls to reach to the boys branches. We will continue working with primary school student along with parental consent and according to Wikimedia guidelines in dealing with this age group.
- 13. In what ways do you think your proposal most contributes to the Movement Strategy 2030 recommendations. Select all that apply. (required)
- Increase the Sustainability of Our Movement, Improve User Experience, Provide for Safety and Inclusion, Invest in Skills and Leadership Development, Identify Topics for Impact, Innovate in Free Knowledge
- 14. Please select and fill out Wikimedia Metrics for your proposal. (recommended)
- 14.1. Number of participants, editors, and organizers.
All metrics provided are optional, please fill them out if they are aligned with your programs and activities.
|Number of all participants||300||N/A|
|Number of all editors||200||N/A|
|Number of new editors||100|
|Number of retained editors||75|
|Number of all organizers||10||N/A|
|Number of new organizers||5|
- 14.2. Number of new content contributions to Wikimedia projects. (recommended)
|Wikimedia project||Created||Edited or improved|
|Wikifunctions / Abstract Wikipedia|
- Description for Wikimedia projects contributions metrics. (optional)
- 15. Do you have other quantitative and qualitative targets for your project (other metrics)? (required)
- 16. Will you have any other revenue sources when implementing this proposal (e.g. other funding, membership contributions, donations)? (required)
- 16.1. List other revenue sources. (required)
- 16.2. Approximately how much revenue will you have from other sources in your local currency? (required)
- 17. Your local currency. (required)
- 18. What is the total requested amount in your local currency? (required)
- 17980.49 JOD
|Year||Amount (local currency)|
|Year 1||N/A JOD|
|Year 2||N/A JOD|
|Year 3||N/A JOD|
- Requested amount in USD
- 25389 USD [note 1]
|Year||Amount USD [note 1]|
|Year 1||N/A USD|
|Year 2||N/A USD|
|Year 3||N/A USD|
- The following amount in US dollars was calculated by Wikimedia Foundation staff using the fixed currency rates. This amount is approximate and may not reflect the actual currency exchange rates on the day of submission or distribution. If the application is funded, the funding will be sent in the recipient’s local currency.
- 19. Does this proposal include compensation for staff or contractors? (required)
- 19.1. How many paid staff members do you plan to have? (required)
Include the number of staff and contractors during the proposal period. If you have short-term contractors or staff, please include them separately and mention their terms.
- only one coordinator for 6 months
- 19.2. How many FTEs (full-time equivalents) in total? (required)
Include the total FTE of staff and contractors during the proposal period. If you have short-term contractors or staff, please include their FTEs with the terms separately.
- only one coordinator for 6 months
- 19.3. Describe any staff or contractor changes compared to the current year / ongoing General Support Fund if any. (required only for returning grantees)
- 20. Please provide an overview of your overall budget categories in your local currency. The budget breakdown should include only the amount requested with this General Support Fund (required).
|Budget category||Amount in local currency|
|Staff and contactor costs||11520 JOD|
|Operational costs||5409 JOD|
|Programmatic costs||8460 JOD|
- 21. Please upload your budget for this proposal or indicate the link to it. (required)
- 22. In this optional space you can add any other additional information about your proposal or organization that you think can help us when reviewing your proposal. (optional)
By submitting your proposal/funding request you agree that you are in agreement with the Application Privacy Statement, WMF Friendly Space Policy and the Universal Code of Conduct.
- Please add any feedback to the grant discussion page only. Any feedback added here will be removed.