Grants:Project/Jagseer S Sidhu/Punjabi Audiobooks Project/Timeline
This project is funded by a Project Grant
|proposal||people||timeline & progress||finances||midpoint report||final report|
Timeline for Jagseer S Sidhu
|Milestone 1||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 2||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 3||Day Month Year|
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
June - July (2021)
Punjabi Wikimedians have been starting working on ‘Punjabi Audio Books’ project since 1st June 2021. We have tried to engage community with this project. A few highlights are below:
- For the first of the month, we scheduled a few meetings with team members for further work and the rough number is three of those meetings.
- Within a month of June and end of the May, we talked to community members about selecting the content to be recorded.
- For the more discussion, a WhatsApp group was also created and interested participants were added there. Discussion took place there only.
- We also updated Wikisource Village Pump on the regular bases with important updates.
- After the consultation of the team and community, we selected 10 books LINK
- During the month of June, we decided to organise a edit—a—thon in the month of July.
- In this edit-a-thon, we or participants proofread and validate these books.
- Out of 10 books, we have worked on 8 books and these are completed after validation.
- Now we are working on the formatting of the books.
- Also starts on transclusion and started works to record a few stories from three books.
- In upcoming months, we will try to engage more volunteers to record the content.
August to December 2021
This is the second report of Audiobooks project. The work has been done by team is:
- We tried to plan more meetings to update community. So, minimum three meetings we have organised.
- The proofreading and transclusion of all selected books is already done by Punjabi editors.
- The team conducted a workshop for Punjabi Audiobooks project. The trainer ‘Amit Jindal’ is a professional on-air host at All India Radio, Jalandhar.
- ** Total 8 trainees showed interest for the workshop and they attended.
- ** Two new participants joined User:Gurnoor ghuman and Amandeep Kaur Khiva
- ** We tried to involve more and more people and also we are focusing on female participation.
- ** The workshop link is here
- ** After Training participates are practicing for recordings.
- The recording of the books is started and 3 books has been recorded out of 10 books.
- Also, 2 Audiobooks edited by the audio-video editor.
- Submitted the project presentation in Wikimedia Wikimeet India 2022
- We will organise at-least one more workshop for trainees on their demand and trainer’s suggestion.
- We will continue recording of selected audiobooks.
- After completion of the books, will work on audio editing and start uploading.
- The process of meetings will be continued.
Is your final report due but you need more time?
New end date
30 June 2022
Request and approval
Noting here that the request and approval are at Grants talk:Project/Jagseer S Sidhu/Punjabi Audiobooks Project#Request for Time Extension. The new final report due date is 30 July 2022. -- JTud (WMF), Grants Administrator (talk) 01:29, 16 February 2022 (UTC)