Grants:Project/Jagseer S Sidhu/Punjabi Audiobooks Project/Timeline
Timeline for Jagseer S Sidhu
|Milestone 1||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 2||Day Month Year|
|Milestone 3||Day Month Year|
Please prepare a brief project update each month, in a format of your choice, to share progress and learnings with the community along the way. Submit the link below as you complete each update.
June - July (2021)
Punjabi Wikimedians have been starting working on ‘Punjabi Audio Books’ project since 1st June 2021. We have tried to engage community with this project. A few highlights are below:
- For the first of the month, we scheduled a few meetings with team members for further work and the rough number is three of those meetings.
- Within a month of June and end of the May, we talked to community members about selecting the content to be recorded.
- For the more discussion, a WhatsApp group was also created and interested participants were added there. Discussion took place there only.
- We also updated Wikisource Village Pump on the regular bases with important updates.
- After the consultation of the team and community, we selected 10 books LINK
- During the month of June, we decided to organise a edit—a—thon in the month of July.
- In this edit-a-thon, we or participants proofread and validate these books.
- Out of 10 books, we have worked on 8 books and these are completed after validation.
- Now we are working on the formatting of the books.
- Also starts on transclusion and started works to record a few stories from three books.
- In upcoming months, we will try to engage more volunteers to record the content.