Grants:Project/Rapid/Ammarpad/Wikipedia editathon in Katsina
Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Introduce participants to English Wikipedia and Commons projects
- Create new articles on Hausa and English Wikipedias
- Upload free images to Wikimedia Commons
- Recruit new editors
- Retrain existing editors
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- Organize a two-day edita-thon to consolidate on the work started on our previous workshop, and further introduce English Wikipedia and Commons.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- On our WhatsApp group, Twitter and Facebook pages.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- At the end of the project, we would have achieved the following
- Organized edit-a-thon for editing and creation of articles in both Hausa and English
- Retrain editors who attended our previous workshop and train newcomers
- Introduce Wikimedia commons to the participants and upload free images
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- Number of total participants = 25 participants
- Number of articles created or improved = 20 articles created/improved
- Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons= 20 images
- Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects = 5 images
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- One of our editor is willing to allow us use their camera during the events.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense:
- Food and drinks = 2000 x 25 people x 2 = 100,000
- Hall rental fee = 100,000 x 2 = 200,000
- Data bundle = 20000 x 2 = 40000
- Wikipedia T-shirts for facilitators = 4000 x 6 = 24000
- 1 Roller banner = 30000
- 2 MiFi Wifi routers = 32000
- Flyers/publicity = 5000
- Local transport/logistics= 10000
- Contingency = 5000
Total = 446,000 NGN = 1457 USD with CBN's exchange rate at N306 =$1