Briefly explain what are you trying to accomplish with this project, or what do you expect will change as a result of this grant. Example goals include, "recruit new editors", "add high quality content", or "train existing editors on a specific skill".
- Encourage community participation by ensuring the inclusion of the Arabic speaking Wikimedians in the English speaking event
- Disseminate information about WikiForHumanRights to the Arabic speaking community
- Allow the Arabic speaking wikimedians to follow the live event of May 22 in their language
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. What will you and other organizers spend your time doing?
- The project regards Arabic to English/English to Arabic live interpretation during an event organized as part of WikiForHumanRights campaign on May 22, as well as coordination and preparation activities related to it.
How will you let others in your community know about your project (please provide links to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions)? Why are you targeting a specific audience?
- The event organizers will be responsible for the communication and to inform participants of the availability of Arabic/English interpretation.
What will you have done at the end of your project? How will you follow-up with people that are involved with your project?
- This activity (live interpretation) will be carried out during the event itself.
Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below: N/A
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets and feel free to add more specific to your project:
- More Arabic speaking Wikimedians will attend global events when knowing that interpretation is available in their languages.
What resources do you have? Include information on who is the organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The only support for this work will be the current grant application.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense: The budget is calculated in number of hours times a fixed rate of 250 SEK/hour (average price for a similar role)
- Interpretation: 2 hours * 250 = 500 SEK (~ 60 USD)
- Pre-meeting test: 30 min
- Effective interpretation: 90 min
- Preparation: 3 hours * 250 = 750 SEK (~ 89 USD)
- Email/offline coordination: 30 min
- Grant preparation: 30 min
- Preparatory meeting (one week prior to the event): 1 hour
- Specific Lexicon/vocabulary preparation: 1 hour
- Other: Transfer fee - 50 SEK (~ 6 USD)
- A fee that is taken by the bank on amounts received from outside EU.
TOTAL: 1300 SEK (~ 155 USD)