Grants:Project/Rapid/Anass Sedrati/French interpretation for the Global Strategy Conversations
Please see the sample Movement strategy application before drafting your application.
- Encourage community participation
- Document implementation ideas related to movement strategy
- Disseminate information about movement strategy recommendations to community
- Coordinate community discussions
- What community or communities will be involved in this movement strategy discussion(s)?
- French speaking Wikimedians, both online and offline participants.
- How will you make sure everyone is invited?
- How will you document community discussion(s) and feedback related to movement strategy? Who will be responsible for documenting these discussions?
- The documentation will be in parallel with the meeting, through voice interpretation and translation to the participants.
- What is your facilitation plan to support productive discussions around movement strategy? Please also provide a link to a Friendly Space Policy that will be implemented to support these discussions.
- Interpretation for French speaking Wikimedians in order to ensure inclusivity in the global community conversation. The interpretation will go on two directions (English->French) to introduce the participants and share content with them, and then (French->English) to share thought and comments from the French speaking wikimedians with the full audience.
- If you are requesting funding for online tools or services to support participation, please describe these services and how they will be used. If not, please write N/A.
- English-to-French interpretation service during the opening and closing presentations of the movement strategy global events. Additional support for non-English fluent French speakers during break-out sessions in the two global events.
- If you are translating movement strategy materials, in what languages will you be supporting translation? Who will be responsible for doing the translations? If not, please write N/A.
- French - Myself: Anass Sedrati
- Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Once you have completed the risk assessment protocol, please contact strategy2030wikimedia.org to confirm and finalize additional budget and logistical needs.
- Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Number of total participants: N/A
- Number of new participants: N/A
- Number of people who will help organize the event: N/A
- Please note that you are required to fill in the template regarding the outcomes of the event that you can consult on meta or in Google Forms
Optionally, you are welcome to include other information you'd like to share around participant gender, age, project representation, editing experience, etc. Please include any additional outcomes you would like to report on below: N/A
The budget is calculated in number of hours times a fixed rate of 250 SEK/hour (average price for a similar role)
- Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing - 2 events, each lasting 4 hours): 8 hours * 250= 2000 SEK (~ 231 USD)
- Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work): N/A
- Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion): N/A
- Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials): 2 hours * 250 = 500 SEK (~58 USD)
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): 2 hours* 250 = 500 SEK (~58 USD)
TOTAL: 3000 SEK (~ 347 USD)
- Endorsements are not needed for events related to Movement Strategy.. Community members are welcome to provide feedback or questions on the talk page.