Grants:Project/Rapid/Art+Feminism 2020 Clarion Hotel Oslo
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will do one editathon focused on improving articles about female artists.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will let our community know about the event through social media (FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/2388753081337652/), our local mailing list, and a leaflet (print). We have partnered with Kunsthall Oslo, which will also disseminate the event through their channel. The event is also posted on the Art+feminism website, which we hope will bring out some experts!
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- We are in touch with an experienced Wikipedia thanks to Art+Feminism's European representatives. In addition, the event coordinator has regularly contributed to Wikipedia articles over the last five years.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will host the event in our biggest conference room (max capacity 250 in a 'banquet' set up), which has tables, chairs, and a 21m2 LED wall screen - all facilities are accessible to people with disabilities. In addition, participants will have access to the art gallery within the hotel, and a resting area with comfortable armchairs and tables. We will invite participants to bring their own computers, and we will provide the internet connection. We are currently making a resource list of books, journals, and other publications that can be used for reference. We will also be bringing hard copy materials to the event.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
We will be creating a Facebook group for participants to stay in touch and remain connected following the event. We are hoping to host an editathon every year going forward and engage a community of editors to come back and mentor new editors each year.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- Clarion Hotel Oslo is an art hotel with a contemporary art collection, open to all. The hotel has a longstanding partnership with the Munch Museum, which allows the hotel to show an original artwork by Edvard Munch in the hotel's lobby.
- Kunsthall Oslo, our partner for this event, is a non-profit organization for the promotion of art in Oslo.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have one event coordinator, and will have an experienced Wikimedian. The hotel is providing the venue for free (including all its facilities). Our partner will help us with the list of books, journals and other publications, as well as promote the event.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Paid ads for social media promotion: 400nok
- Food and drinks: 1500nok
- Miscellaneous supplies (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.): 1531nok
- Childcare services: 5h x 200nok per hour = 1000nok Total: 4431nok
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!