Grants:Project/Rapid/Art+Feminism Edit-A-Thon at the Harn
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- One editathon with several trainings at the event.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We have emailed attendees from past two years, invited students through departments and faculty members, employed social media outreach, established a home web page, and advertised through our print and email bi-monthly brochure that reaches +5,000 individuals.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. This is our 3rd editathon that we have hosted.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes. Everyone is being encouraged to bring laptops. We have several laptops available on site for participants to use. We have print resources on hand (art books) and printed guides and cheeat sheets.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Those who provide contact information will receive our editathon group photo and an upbeat report on what we accomplished (pages edited/created). They will be invited to join our social media circles where we can update them on related exhibitions, programs and events that build on the interests of Art+Feminism.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We just had a press interview with the paper, and the story will run on the day of the event.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events - 1
- Number of participants - +45
- Number of new editors - +15
- Number of of articles created or improved - +15
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) - n/a
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- RESOURCES (in-kind): space, furniture, wi-fi and power strips, experience staff time (!!!!!), clear signage and handouts, books on women artists, underrepresented artists, and feminism. The event is organized by the Education Department of the Harn Museum of Art.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Refreshments; $100.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!