Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning to organize 1 photoathon and 1 training/editathons about Gambian women artists during the month of march 2020
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We are planning to share in different communities such as AWMD and African Wikimedians additionally to the Art+Feminism community.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes. So far the team is having one experienced editors to help lead editathons and to support participants but we still looking for online support from other well experienced editors from other communities. And we wish to improve skills of new editors as a training for trainers to support more the community.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- The main idea being to bring on board more editors and mainly to improve collectively our skills, the quality of content will be more based on the photoathon while using the editathon as a way to train and learn more about the content editing (using the pictures taken as basis for content creation or editing).
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Actually the planning group is getting a little bit bigger with the opening of a new lab and library in the region. Holding event there and engaging people through membership and group chats + social network gathering will be the main way to have more contributors.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 2
- Number of participants 20
- Number of new editors 15
- Number of of articles created or improved 30
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)20
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have 2 experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events, one event planner, and we are looking for 1-2 online mentors. The Disruptive Lab will provide us the right environment to host the event with a reliable access to light and internet at low cost.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food and drink + Venue (With internet)= $200 x 2 events = $400
- Tranports(photoathons sites) = $30/site x 3 sites = $90 for 20 people
- Miscellaneous supplies = $100 (name tags, printing cheatsheets, etc.)
Total = 590 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!