Grants:Project/Rapid/Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon at the Missoula Art Museum
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning one Art+Feminism Wikipedia editathon at the Missoula Art Museum, March 7, 2020, focused on creating and improving articles on bipoc, women and non-binary artists from the inter-mountian west, which will coincide closely to International Women's Day on March 8, 2020.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will mobilize our community through the Missoula Art Museum email contact list, social media, and printed material distributed by our marketing team at various businesses, non-profits, student centers and government entities.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our team will have one new Wikimedia editor to lead the editathon, user: 86jknight, who will act as support to first time editors at the event. This editor will also be in charge of the logistics of the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We will host the event at the Missoula Art Museum Library, where participants will be encouraged to bring laptop computers to take part. The museum will also provide technical and digital support to participants without mobile computers. A digital museum archive will be available to participants, as well as books and reference materials from the Missoula Public Library that are housed at the Missoula Art Museum Library. Support staff including curators and a registrar will be available for reference during the event. The Missoula Art Museum will also monitor and track Wikipedia edits by participants through the MAM Art+Feminism Wikipedia editathon event dashboard: https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/MAM/Missoula_MAM_ArtAndFeminism2020
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will follow up with all participants with an email of thanks and a survey about the event, in hopes to generate future editathon events with Art+Feminism.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- We are hoping the invigorate our local arts community with this event and develop quarterly editathons in the future.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1
- Number of participants 20
- Number of new editors 5
- Number of of articles created or improved 10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have one experience Wikimedia editor and one new editor who will lead and provide logistical support during the editathon. Additional Missoula Art Museum Staff, including one curator, one registrar and two visitor engagement staff will provide support and resources to participants.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- 1. Childcare = 5hrs x $15/hr x 2 childcare providers x 1 event = $150.00 ($75.00 per child care provider)
- 2. Food and Drink = $200.00
- 3. Marketing = $250.00 (printed material; posters/cards for promotion)
- Total = $600.00
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!