Grants:Project/Rapid/ArtAndFeminism 2017 Potenza
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content on Wikipedia about female artists
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
It's our first A+F editathon in Italy, so this time is one editathon, but we hope will become an annual event focused on female artists. This is not our first editathon about women: last year we organized an editathon on female writers.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
We created the wiki page, the program page on the dashboard, RSPV, Facebook event and we will write on the comunity portal asking wikipedians to give us a hand (by reporting wikipedians that might be interested to partecipate, drawing up lists, checking for notability, begining online wikifacilitators). We are sending out a press release and we created different news post on the Wikimedia Italia website We will use social network to engage with indipendent artists, experts and media critics in the field who might be interested in participating and/or promoting the event.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
Our team has an expert wikipedian who will run a tutorial on how to edit and create articles on Wikipedia, how to deal with the notability criteria, how to upload images on Commons etc. This expert wikipedian will be then available in the next days to help participants writing entries.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
We will support them during the event for writing entries. We will provide bibliographic materials and online resources for the research and writing session.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? We will use social network to report the results of the event to participants and discuss future editathon.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? This editathon is part of the 6 ones organized in Italy. Here in Potenza we decided to focus the editathon on writing entries about female artists of Basilicata. The idea is to keep working on this topic and make it a research focus for future local editathon in Italy involving even more artists, association and institutions from this specific art field.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 30
- Number of new editors: 5
- Number of of articles created or improved: 5
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). We are organizing this event in collaboration with the WikiDonne group and the Museo archeologico provinciale di Potenza but we don't receive any other additional funding. What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Room hire = 70 EUR (74 USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!