Grants:Project/Rapid/Art and Feminism Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors from diverse backgrounds
- Increase the representation and coverage of women and other marginalized groups on Wikipedia
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content and citations
- Use editing Wikipedia and the editing guidelines to teach information literacy skills
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Two editathons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- This will be our first Art and Feminism related project, therefore we will have some of our existing editors with experience to come and lead the event.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Through our partnership with the public libraries in our country, we have a lab (Library) with 20 operating computers with an instructor station and projector which will allow us to provide just in time training during the edit a thorn session.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have our Facebook page and a Meta Page which we will use to engage our participants after the event.
Wikimedia Community User Group Botswana Facebook Page
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? This project will help to increase the participation of librarians and Univerisyt Students and staff in editing the Wikipedia thereby creating visibility. It will also help to increase the content on Botswana Women on Wikipedia.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events:2
- Number of participants;We are aiming for 50-60 participants.
- Number of new editors; We assume that most of the participants will be newbies.
- Number of of articles created or improved : 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Library Space will be available for participants
- Phetso Masusu (User:Phetso) Will be responsible for handle the refreshment and food dealings.
- User Setsile (me) will handle banking and other purchases.
- Onneile (User:oneile) will be responsible for taking photographs
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need back up internet, orange device (Modem) for $375.00. This device will connect up to 30 participants+, laptops and smart phones.
- Data for the internet device for about $100.00
- Hire Public address system for $200 by two day : $400
- Hire a back up generator (Power) for $ 350.00
- Petrol or Diesel for the generator machine for $150.00
- Bus or combi to the event for
- For those who will need child care for
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!