Grants:Project/Rapid/Articles for disabilities in Macedonian
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors, not limited but with a focus on medical students
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add and improve content in Macedonian
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We plan to hold two editathons with 10-12 newbie editors and 2-3 experienced editors each. They will last for 3.5 hours and they will occur within a week of each other.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Three weeks before the first edithathon, in order to recruit newbie editors we will spread the word about the two events, with a Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram account, post notifications in Facebook groups for people with disabilities and medical students and inform the Association for medical students in the largest medical university in Skopje. Also we will notify online media for the event and, if necessary to attract volunteers, the Project manager will attend morning shows with the highest ratings.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Shared Knowledge has offered us their full support for the event.
Right now we don’t have any experienced editors on our team, but we plan to contact the Macedonian Wikipedia chapter Shared knowledge to help us with 2-3 experienced editors/volunteers that will guide and help the newbies. If this doesn't work out, we will recruit them by posting an ad along with the ad for newbie editors.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- This edithathon will serve as real life training for the newbie editors to obtain Wikipedia editing skills. They will bring their own laptops, but internet will be provided for them from the venue and relevant medical literature in Macedonian that will serve as references.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- In order to spread the word we will create social media accounts, which will remain active after these two edithatons. We hope to make this a bi-annual event and that this will be the start of a regular occurrence where some of the resources will be reused (like the banners). To make this happen, these social media accounts will be a communication link between the participants.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 2
- Number of participants 27
- Number of new editors 24
- Number of of articles created or improved 7-10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) 3
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- The newbie editors will be recruited as volunteers and they will bring their own laptops. The President and one board member of our nonprofit with catering experience, will volunteer their time to prepare and serve the refreshments. One existing volunteer, will be the project manager and event presenter, but will be paid for her time. Another existing volunteer will run the social media accounts for free. We have a professional photographer for free who will take pictures of the event and of people with disabilities, which will be used to enrich the content of the articles. The photographer will be reimbursed for bus fare or gas.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Room/hall rental $300.00 Banners $150.00
Food $100.00 Drinks $80.00 Other $30.00
Project Manager/Presenter $283.00
Giftbags ( For both newbies and experienced editors)
T-shirts with the Wikipedia logo $185.00 USB lamps $57.00 Small candy with the Wikipedia logo $60.00
Name tags and printed supplies $40.00 Reimbursements for bus fare, taxi or gas for the photographer $20.00 Reserve for unforseen expenses $150.00 GRAND TOTAL $1,450.00
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!