Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- There will be a series of four edit-a-thons that will take place during this time period. They will take place on a bi-monthly basis in September, November, January and March.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We will feature the Edit-a-thons in our public programme. This will include a printed brochure, printed postcards, on the BACKLIT website and on our Facebook community group pages.
http://backlit.org.uk/public-programme-2/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/399862190586845/ https://www.facebook.com/BacklitGallery/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBpq4IOCygSPI_YGlQ0Wf_8sclt0tVGdya4Gw-R3Wl6kgjhzpu1SSKY3fcXDHaGyyUNg6IkclTRgoFE 3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- The participants that took part in our previous Edit-a-thon will share the skills that they have learnt with Wikimedia Editor Stuart Prior.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participants will be asked to bring laptops and devices along to the workshop to use for the Edit-A-Thon. We will have a number of laptops and iPads available for participants to use if needed. The workshop will be tailored towards participants with no or little experience in editing Wikipedia. There will be a selection of books and hard copy resources for participants to use for generating content.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- The edit-a-thons will run on a bi-monthly basis to help us to establish an Art + Feminism Edit-a-thon group. A Facebook group will be created for the Edit-a-thon members and there will be the option to continue the edit-a-thons on a regular basis beyond March 2020.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This proposal has come from our original Art + Feminism Edit-a-thon as part of our public programme for the exhibition Familiar Machines. Familiar Machines brings together works which explore the movement of body and machine through public and online space. The exhibition presents mechanisms of power and feminine governance that question patriarchal systems and reinforce ideas around social disobedience. At the initial Edit-a-thon there was a want and need for these to be regular sessions, enabling participants to contribute with examples of women artists from their home countries.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 4
- Number of participants: 15
- Number of new editors: 15
- Number of of articles created or improved: 40
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Gina Mollett (Learning & Community Coordinator at BACKLIT Gallery) will organise this project. They will work with the participants from the original Edit-a-thon to shape the programme of edit-a-thons.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
Food & refreshments £50 (For a selection of light refreshments to be served at each edit-a-thon) Books to support the Edit-a-thon sessions: £150 (Relevant to art + feminism, women and tech, women and journalism themes.) Travel expenses for participants: £200 (Participants will be able to apply for a travel bursary of £5 to attend an edit-a-thon)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!