Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Go to NYC to give out herbs known for reducing the severity of SARS to see if they assist those with SARS-cov-2 infection.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? Just one
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. I have friends in the NYC that have agree to try the herbs once I buy them.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? No
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? Most have mobile devices with camera and thus will be able to broadcast their experience.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? I will be broadcasting my experience on social media and thus people will be able to contact me.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project? SARS and SARS-COV-2 are extremely similar symptomatically such as with the week(s) long incubation time, fever, headache, night sweats, nausea, preferential targeting of people of increased age, and attaching of ACE-2. By targeting ACE-2, SARS-COV-2 also targets the heart, vascular cells, and kidneys which may lead to those kinds of problems in the future even if the patient wins against the virus. Licorice, Chinese skullcap, luteolin, horse chestnut, Polygonum spp., Rheum officinale, elder, and cinnamon block SARS-COV-2 from binding to ACE-2 to various degrees. Kudzu, Salvia miltiorrhiza, and gingko upregulate and protect ACE-2 expression. Various cytokines, such as IL-6, and metabolic markers such as ferritin are elevated upon infection, both of which have been recently substantiated and can be used to signal the efficacy of the treatment. HMGB1 is also high in SARS infection which may be a useful indicator for SARS-COV-2 patients. Reducing IL-1Beta has been associated with lower mortality, which Japanese knotweed, Chinese senega root, Chinese skullcap, cordyceps, kudzu, and boneset. Protection of the cilia include herbs such as cordyceps, olive leaf, berberine plants, and Bidens pilosa. Spleen and lymph protecting plants include red root, poke root, and Chinese skullcap. SARS protocol plants (Buhner) are Chinese skullcap, houttuynia, isatis, licorice, Forsythia suspensa, and Sophora flavescens. Personally, when I got infect with SARS-COV-2 (still cannot get the test), my lungs started to hurt and I couldn't breath as deeply, I took gumweed (grindelia squarrosa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCG3gicR8AM) which is known for its high selenium content and protective effect on the lungs, 1 hour after the first treatment my lungs felt better in that I could take normal rather than shallow breaths, and 2 hours after my eyes started to feel like they were burning and I felt very tired, I went to sleep for several hours. Over the next 2 days, I drank the tea 3x/day and slept many times, then the tea had no effect and I was almost completely back to normal. I will include this plant in my investigations. A good source on gumweed: https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=fNacBAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=gumweed+grindelia+squarrosa+lung&ots=2d8yHFJOrL&sig=pqulGeQnNCkX81O-lIYtxr5xtAM#v=onepage&q=gumweed&f=false
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Every person I meet will be an event
- Unknown number of participants
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding). I have my ethnobotanic knowledge and that of others with much more ethnobotanic experience. I have friends who will let me stay with them while in NYC. No other funding at this time.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- transportation between western mass and NYC - $300
- herb expenses - $1700
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!