Grants:Project/Rapid/Camelia.boban/Art and Feminism 2017 Rome
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- Is our first A + F editathon in Italy, so this time is one editathon, but we hope will become an annual event focused on female artists
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We created the wiki page, the dashboard, RSPV and Facebook event. We invited the italian comunity by posting a new section on the discussions page of our project and other projects that could be interested in arts theme (art project, photography, biographies, architecture, design), writing on the comunity portal and asking wikipedians to give us a hand (by reporting wikipedians that might be interested to partecipate, drawing up lists, checking for notability, begining online wikifacilitators).
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Our WikiDonne team has a group of 4-5 expert wikipedians that lead all events, helping partecipants to realize the notability criteria (wich is the most controversial and not easy to understand), to upload images on Commons etc.
- We translated the A + F slides in italian, uploaded video training on our sub project page and writing a wikiguide.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Often our partecipants are newbies, people who do not even have the wikipedia account or people who has any experience. Our goal is to make them begin confidential, creating constancy on working on Wikipedia. We always start with at least 1 our of training, then we support them during the event for writing entries.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We have our Google group to talk about gender gap, our Facebook page for share news about the wiki world and group, Twitter and Pinterest; periodically we organize courses to schools, teachers, female associations.
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- With this editathon (organized in 6 cities of Italy), our WikiDonne group starts the sub project Arte e Femminismo which will become an annual event in March
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 1
- Number of participants: 60
- Number of new editors: 40
- Number of articles created or improved: 60
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 0
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We are organizing this event with MAXXI - the National Museum of 21st Century Arts (who kindly provides us with the room, tables and chairs, the video projector and the audio installation and wifi) and we don't receive any other additional funding. The poster and folding we will print are kindly created by the graphic designer Jessica Di Siena, one of our partecipants.
- Camelia, editathon organizer, will translate the editathon lessons slides (beginner and intermediate) from english in italian, will do the training lesson, will create edithon page (RSPV event on Eventbrite, event page on Facebook, manage the Outreach dashboard)
- Beatrice, will create lists of redlinks, will give answer questions on email and edithon talk page
- Sannita, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Wikipedia (notability, licenses etc)
- Blackcat, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Commons (licenses, templates etc)
- Barbaking, will support the partecipants and give technical help on Wikipedia (wikification, templates etc)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- We need the refreshment (lunch, drinks and coffee) for 60 persons and small printing works (flyers)
- Food, drink and coffee = €12 x 60 persons = €720 (765 USD).
- Miscellaneous supplies (printing flyers event etc.) = €80 (85 USD)
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- A new experience in Italy, useful for contributing to the reduction of the gender gap on Wikipedia. Let's do it! --Yiyi (talk) 08:47, 24 February 2017 (UTC)
- Italy needs very much to have more initiatives focusing on reducing the gender gap on Wikimedia projects. I think that this one in particular has the potential to reach out to a wide and interesting audience and to produce valuable new contents. --Atropine (talk) 12:41, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
- It is very important to pay close attention to a theme so debatable in Italy: a high-impact event provides for involvement and thus increases cognizance of the problems. New contents for a new awareness ;-) --Saverio.G (talk) 10:59, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Great project Ferdi2005 (Posta) 13:35, 8 March 2017 (UTC)