Grants:Project/Rapid/Ceslause/MetaWiki interface translations in Igbo Language
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: Massive campaign to recruit Igbo language editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors and educate those that dont have the expertise of editing.
- Add or improve content: Significantly translate MediaWiki Interface in Igbo
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We are planning a series of 10 edit-a-thons
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- I have discussed with some existing Igbo Language editors. We will also use social media to call for new volunteers that we will train and adopt into the project.
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, I will lead the editing team as the only Igbo Wiktionary test administrator. Other experienced Wikimedians that will support the project includes:
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- They have the necessary computer devices for the project, and I will be providing unlimited fast-speed internet that will be used for all the edit-a-thon meetups
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
6. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- It'll be run remotely to ensure everyone's safety
7. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 10
- Number of participants:60
- Number of new editors:10
- Number of articles created or improved:500 MediaWiki(most important messages)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events):10
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We have three experienced Wikimedians who will attend all the events and myself who will double as editor, trainer and event planner.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Data subscription = $100 x 10 events = $1000
- 3 months zoom subscription = $60
- Work station = $60 x 10 events = $600
- Quality control for the interface translations = $200
Total = 1,860 USD
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!