Grants:Project/Rapid/Chuks Zilo/CEOs of Quoted Companies in Nigeria
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors: we will recuit new editors.
- Increase skills for existing editors: We will increase the skills of new and existing editors.
- Add or improve content: we will create and improve content on Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- I will do 5 editathons.
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I have announced this application in https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako#Improving_the_translation_support_for_the_Igbo_Wikipedia
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will be using social medias like whatsapp to communicate about the project.
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
- I have experienced Wikimedia editors including Obihoja,Anurikaonu
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Some existing participants have the required equipment and skills while others will be provided for.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will keep in contact with the participants through social media.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes, but participants will be below 10 people in each event.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events: 5
- Number of participants: 35
- Number of new editors: 4
- Number of articles created or improved = 180
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events): 4
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- may participants have laptops. A number of them are also experienced editors
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space Rental - $150 x 5 Events = $750
- Food and drink - $120 x 5 Events = $600
- Hire of 2 Laptops - $25 X 2 x 5 Events = $250
- Internet - $15 x 5 events = $75
- purchase of hand sanitizer= $50
- Miscellaneous = $50
- Total = $1775
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!
- I support and hope to join if approved Unclepanpan (talk) 12:10, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
- I strongly support this project Kid Keen 47 (talk) 21:46, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
- I Endorse this project Simoniwodi 22:09, 13 September 2021 (UTC)
- I have participated in Chuks Zilo projects before and am happy with his drive and passion. I support Obihoja (talk) 15:43, 20 September 2021 (UTC)