Grants:Project/Rapid/Chuks Zilo/Nigerian Religious Institutions on Wikidata
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- We will recruit new editors
- We will also increase skills for existing and new editors
- We will add and improve content in Wikidata
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- We will perform 5 editathons
2. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal? You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
You may also provide information about external social media channels you may be using.
- I will let the community know through social media apps. i have also pasted the link of this project in Igbo wikimedia village pump. the link is https://ig.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Nz%E1%BB%8Dr_ogbako#Improving_the_translation_support_for_the_Igbo_Wikipedia
3. How will you let participants know about the edit-a-thon? In what ways will you be communicating with them?
For example, these can include on-wiki spaces, social media channels, mailing lists, messaging apps, or physical/online gatherings.
- I will communicate with participants through social media including my face book and whatsapp. i will also inform people in my church which is catholic church
4. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? Please provide links to the usernames of these individuals.
For example: User:I JethroBT
5. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Experienced participants have the required skills and equipments while others will be provided for.
6. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- I will remain in contacts with the participants through social media groups and physical personal contact.
7. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined on the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
- Yes but there will be less than 10 people at each event and the place to be hired complies with the Nigerian Covid protocol.
8. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events = 5 events
- Number of participants = 35 Participants
- Number of new editors = 5 editors
- Number of articles created or improved = 140 articles
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) = 5 participants
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Many of the participants have the skill and have laptops
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Space Rental $95 x 5 events = $475
- Hire of Laptop 2 X 5 X 35 = $350
- Food and Drinks $110 x 5 events = $550
- Internet $85 x 4 months = $340
- Branded souvenir = $140
Total = $1855
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!