Grants:Project/Rapid/Dfertileplain/Follow up Wikipedia Instagram campaign in Nigeria/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes and very impactful aswell
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|If at least 30 campaign participants participated in the contest by sharing their videos on Instagram.||Over 30 participants participated by sharing their entry videos on Instagram.||This was met and surpassed|
|If at least 3 Wikipedia training workshop is conducted online||We had 2 Wikipedia training workshop online|
|If at least 80% participants known more about the art of contributing to Wikipedia||More than 80% now understands how to contribute to Wikipedia||This was met|
|If at least 3,000 people viewed the video||In total, we had over 3,000 views||This was met|
|If at least 40 videos were added to Wikimedia commons||30 videos uploaded and still being worked on|
|Increased awareness of Wikipedia in Nigeria||More Nigerians now know about Wikipedia.||This in a way became a reality and was relatively met|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- The timing of the campaign was effective lasting from August to December and so allow us to create a community of participants interested in Wikipedia.
- Integrating learning Wikipedia editing added color to the overall project.
- The project also brought new ideas for campaigns in Nigeria.
- The Instagram page has built strong followership and interested individuals due to the campaign.
- What did not work so well?
- Getting the gift items across each month proved difficult as most of the winning participants are quite away and there was not enough budget to cover it..
- The online trainings wasn't 100% effective compare to a physical training.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Organize a physical training.
- Ensure there is allocated budget for gifts delevery.
Grants funds spent
|S/N||Item||Quantity||Unit Cost (NGN)||Total cost (NGN)||Total cost (USD)||Notes|
|1||Social media Ad Campaign||-||190,000||190,000||500||Cost for social media promotion for the project.|
|2||Internet support||-||-||102,600||270||The cost for internet support for the campaign and workshop.|
|3||Prizes for the contest winners||71.05||27,000||135,000||355.26||Cost incurred on the prizes given to the winners|
|4||Promotions and branding||-||-||106,400||280||Cost incurred on producing the e-banners and graphics management.|
|5||Logistics and Miscellaneous||-||-||80,000||210.52||Costs incurred on local transport and delivery of the prizes.|
|-||TOTAL EXPENDITURE||613,997||1615.78||**Forex rate used by the bank $1 = 380|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, a total of 74.22$ was left and will like it to be deducted from my next grant application if granted
Anything else you want to share about your project?
Selected Submitted Videos
Winners acknowledgment video