Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- To increase community members in the region and beyond
- To train them on how to use and edit on various Wikimedia project
- Create awareness in the region and beyond.
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions
- We plan to train members of the community on how to make a difference through the use of wikimedia tools. We are looking forward to go to three schools where by we would have training session with them and also train community members. This project would exist for 2 months. The reason for us doing this event is that our region does not have a lot of articles and the number of wikimedia are few, therefore embarking on this editathon project would lead to the increase in community membership and also creation of new articles and improving existing ones.
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The team would be doing series of editathons and trainings for schools and groups.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Participants are going to know about the meeting through our mailing list and social media platform (whatsapp, twitter, facebook and instagram)
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes we have an experience wikimedia to lead the event and the team as a whole his name is Jesse Asiedu-Akrofi
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Yes participant do have equipment, but in the case they not have equipment i would allow them to join other participant.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- We will engage them on our mailing list and social media platform (whatsapp, twitter, facebook and instagram)
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- The team would be looking forward to host a photo-walk in the Sekondi-Takoradi sub-region after the editathon
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of participants 100
- Number of new editors maintained about 50
- Number of of articles created or improved 50
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- I would be working withe Leonard Hagan (Resource Lead) for the project
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Travels for 2 = 900
- Food & Beverage = 100 people x 10 = GHC 1000
- Internet Connectivity = 1000
- Printing = Pull-up Banners & Stickers = GHC 700
- Space Renting = for four session GHC 2000
- Miscellaneous = GHC 3000
- Total GHC = 8,600
- Total USD = 1,747.70
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!