Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Adding photos
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
- This project would bring the youth or participant from Takoradi and beyond together to have four (4) day training on how to create, edit and use wikipedia articles, participant would also be trained on how to use wikimedia commons. The team is incorporating edit-a-thon project to the sustainable development goal number four (4) which is education and goal number seventeen (17) which is partnership.
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- The team is doing a series of edit-a-thon and training
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- We would inform the community through our social media platform like whatsapp, telegram, facebook and offline means
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event?
- Yes, we do have experienced wikimedian editors to lead the project
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- Participant are not equipped enough in relation to skills, but through the series we would be able to have them improve upon their skills. In relation to hardware equipment participant who do not have laptops or any form hardware (Smart Phone) would be asked to seat with a friend or another participant to work on the project through collaboration.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
- Participant would be engaged through our social media platforms (whatsapp, facebook & telegram) if they are facing any challenges they should inform us and we would be ready to help
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events (four in a series)
- Number of participants ((Ten)
- Number of new editors (Ten)
- Number of of articles created or improved (10)
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) (10)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- Jesse Asiedu-Akrofi (Jwale2) - Project Lead
- Leonard Hagan (Assistant Project Lead)
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- Food = 20 (food) x 10 (participant) x 4 (series) = GHC 800
- Transportation = GHC 500 for 2 for 4 series
- Venue = GHC 500
- Internet = GHC 600 for 4 series
- Accommodation = GHC 400 for 2 for 4 series
- Total (GHC) = GHC 2,800
- Total (USD) = USD 516.21
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!