Grants:Project/Rapid/Emory University Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
- Connect Emory with local Wikimedians
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings?
- One edit-a-thon for Art+Feminism. We will do a science-related edit-a-thon this Spring as well, but we will submit a separate grant for this event as it will be co-sponsored with another organization.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions.
- Fliers, public event postings, outreach to social media, and email
- Yes, there will be two or more experienced editors
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them?
- We have computers for all participants to work on. We will provide training materials and a tutorial for attendees.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)?
6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
- This year, we plan to reach out to the Georgia Piedmont Wikimedians group and hope that one or more members can join us for the event. We also hope to work with Wikimedia and other local orgs to promote and event. There is also a possibility to collaborate with the High Museum's editathon.
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events 1
- Number of participants 15
- Number of new editors 7
- Number of of articles created or improved 10
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events) n/a
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
- We are being considered for funding through the Art+Feminism group. If our funds are more than we need for this event, we will put them toward our Women in Science editathon later this Spring.
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- $10 per person for food. Estimated attendees: 20, but could be more due to expanded marketing
- Up to $200 on print advertising distributed publicly
- May also use funds for print advertising to invite the general public.
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!