Grants:Project/Rapid/G101 Art + Feminism 2017 Edit-a-thon
Please see the sample Editathon/Training application before drafting your application.
- Recruit new editors
- Increase skills for existing editors
- Add or improve content
Tell us how you'll carry out your project. Be sure to answer the following questions:
1. Are you doing one editathon or training or a series of editathons or trainings? We are planning to hold a one day editathon that will include an intro and training.
2. How will you let your community know about the event? Please paste links below to where relevant communities have been notified of your proposal, and to any other relevant community discussions. www.g101.ca, Mailchimp Press Release, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Community bulletin boards
3. Do you have experienced Wikimedia editors to lead the event? We are working with an experienced Wikimedia editor to help coordinate the event details and we also have someone to help facilitate the event who attended a previous editathon.
4. Do participants have the equipment or skills needed to participate and contribute high quality content? If not, how will you support them? We will be supplying extra power cords for laptops. We are going to be providing 4 to 5 articles that need to be changed and create a list of Canadian female artists in Ottawa who are not on Wikipedia for us to work with. We will supply books and articles for reference.
5. How will you engage participants after the event(s)? We will send out a followup notice to those who attended the event , thanking them for attending and asking how they are doing. 6. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
How will you know if the project is successful and you've met your goals? Please include the following targets:
- Number of events
- Number of participants
- Number of new editors
- Number of of articles created or improved
- Number of repeat participants (for projects that include a series of events)
What resources do you have? Include information on who is organizing the project, what they will do, and if you will receive support from anywhere else (in-kind donations or additional funding).
What resources do you need? For your funding request, list bullet points for each expense and include a total amount.
- funding for paying a speaker - funding for local travel by organizers to and from the event - funding to hire a child care support worker - funding for snacks and refreshments
Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!